• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karthikp

Karthikp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

We are migrating from Oracle to MySql and the biggest reservation in the organization is tools from mysql. The team are so used to oracle enterprise manager, not sure if the same things can be done using MonYog. Is it possible to see all queries currently running, query optimization etc using MonYog? Need some help here to convince the team that MySQL is much better than Oracle and there are tools available for the same.

Thanks
Karthik

#2 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

I think you asked almost the same question in a ticket?

Anyway, MONyog is a tool for monitoring the server. It is not a tool for data manipulations. That is what SQLyog is about! So with both the tools you will get a complete solution.

(and I would not claim that 'MySQL is much better than Oracle'. What is better depends on lots of factors like what type of applications you need - just to mention one)
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users