Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Database Synchronization Wizard: Definition mismatch for ‘bigint’ column

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Database Synchronization Wizard: Definition mismatch for ‘bigint’ column

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dorje77
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m trying to sync two identical databases, but the first one is hosted on mysql engine, the other one on mariadb.

On some tables I theses errors:

Definition mismatch for ‘bigint’ column
      or
      Definition mismatch for ‘int’ column

It seems that mysql and mariadb use not fully compatible datatypes and that is preventing SQLyog to sync data (even if data itself would be migrated without issues because are the same type).

Is there a way to force SLQyog to ignore that differences and sync anyway?
      Or another type of workaround?

Thank you!

gcornelisse
      Participant

I’m having the exact same issue. MySQL 5.6 to the MySQL 8 (MariaDB). I’m using the latest version of SQLyog. I’ve tried both to copy and sync. Both fail. It’s the sync tool that shows the definition match error. Doing a copy just spins along and says all is fine, but it really not. When it’s done I have no data in my target DB.

I just paid to update my version of SQLyog expecting it would be able to do this for our migration from one hosting provider to another. If there isn’t a work-around, SQLyog is useless to us.

gcornelisse
      Participant

It would appear that SQLyog can’t recognize the variance in signature for a column definition between versions of MySQL. In another words, even though “int(11)” and “int” are effectively the same field specification, SQLyog doesn’t recognize this and throws that error.

The only thing we can really do is upgrade the source DB or go back to a “dumb” and slow tool like mysqldump.

Very disappointing.

Aido
      Participant

Exactly the same issue.
      Any ideas on how to resolve it?
      It looks stupid to show this error even the types are the same in fact.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.