Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Yog BETA 4

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Yog BETA 4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

1) Since Yog BETA 4 is now relased, I suppose that means that there won't be a 3.8 ??

2) I have brifly tried to use the tunnelling feature. It won't work (But probably that's my fault due to poor understanding of the matter 🙁 ). Will there be a more detailed description somewhere soon ? (Actually I can connect directly without tunnelling, so I really won't need it – but still I'd like to understand it)

3) A question about licensing policies (have been asked before I think). Has WEBYOG made up his/her mind about whether a license for SQLYOG purchased today will be valid for YOGMAX Final ?

Good to see yog is developing ….

Ritesh

Tunneling can be configured in two easy steps.

1) Upload SQLyogTunnel.php ( found in the MySQL installation folder ) to your web server using any FTP client.

2) Type the complete URL to SQLyogTunnel.php in the HTTP Tunneling URL input field.

This is still in BETA and the help file is not fully updated. The release version would have complete documentation on setting up HTTP/SSH Tunneling.

We are still not frozen the commercials and licensing policies.

peterlaursen
      Participant

thanks for your patience … 🙂

I get the error message

(quote)

Sync started at Tue Sep 21 07:28:40 2004

Error fetching source server version information. Check the log file for more information.

Error No. 1

Error in tunneling XML file. Please contact [email protected].

(end og quote)

But the point is – I Think – that I'm not sure how to express the URL on the source-side.

I use “http://deepeter.dyndns.dk/SQLyogtunnel.php”

that is the root directory of a locally installed Apache server

(and yes, I copied the file to that position, and you can check for yourself!)

Source server version 4.1.3 (local), Destination server version 4.0.16 (web hotel)

Without tunneling sync works despite different server versions

peterlaursen
      Participant

and the base used for this test is very simple.

It consists of one table with 8 fields: 5 varchars of different length and 3 doubles.

There is one (autoincrement) PK and one more unique index (varchar(255) that is a complete filename)

There is a little more than 30000 columns but I think that's not important …

peterlaursen
      Participant

OkieDokie .. This one Works …

Of course

1) “Tunnel” is with a big “T”

2) and tunneling (sorry …. Tunnelling 🙂 ) should be used only on the Server-side/target-side

Ritesh

I hope with the proper configuration, DB Synchronization works 🙂

peterlaursen
      Participant

just one remark about speed.

In my case the DSL-line is the bootleneck, so Tunnel-sync and common sync are actually equally fast in this case!

Any Idea about how fast af line you should have to have it make any difference with a “typical” MySQL/PHP-installation with an ISP/webhotel … ?

peterlaursen
      Participant

sheer rubish I wrote last time …

Tunnel-sync is in my case aprox. 5 times slower than non-Tunnel-sync … (just made a rough measure) with same effective connection-speed.

probably becauxe the character-based XML transfer neeeds to transfer much more bytes the the binary C-interface does.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And quite impressive PHP-code you've been writing 🙂

karpet

are there any plans for private key authentication on the ssh tunneling?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.