Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Why L Will Be Asking For My Refund Shortly

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Why L Will Be Asking For My Refund Shortly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      jack111

Thought the product was good and offered many features at a good prices thus brought it. But this product is not good. As I have navicat trial runing side by side. I would have used the full trial version of SQLyog if there was one but had to buy it to try all the features.

1] I was executing a 15mb sql script …………….have a 10mb download a 400kb upload broadband internet connection.

With SQLyog it took ages for me just to upload the sql file it took so long I gave up. SQLyog first uploads the file and than executes the script

With Navicat it the same script too just 4 minutes to execute and finish. With navicat the script execution starts the minute you star uploading the sql file.

2] structure synchronisation of database.

SQLyog have not yet figured out how to use it.

Navicat …………. only using navicat for this at the moment .

In general with NAVICAT everything is very fast with SQLyog I end up waiting so long I give up.

If you can fix these issues in a week than I will stay with you or it will be NAVICAT for me

Rohit

You post seems fishy! :ph34r:

Let me start by saying that I believe you:

1) We don't have any issues in refunding the money. You can ask for a refund anytime! We have had just 1 refund request in the history of SQLyog!

2) Could you post the sample script? I promise to post the profile results of both the products in this “public” forum.

3) Structure Sync – Could you tell us the EXACT problems? Your “generic”, “ambiguous” and “negative” comments wont help any of us

peterlaursen
      Participant

Just a short additional comment from here!

Quote:
      SQLyog first uploads the file and than executes the script

Nope! SQLyog is compiled with the MySQL client API. The script is executed from the client! It does not 'upload' in the sense that there is no file transfer.

Please also answer: with what program was the .sql script generated?

jack111

Let me start by saying that I believe you: 😀 That is a good start.

1) We don't have any issues in refunding the money. You can ask for a refund anytime! We have had just 1 refund request in the history of SQLyog!…………………………..well donot make it two than.

2) Could you post the sample script? I promise to post the profile results of both the products in this “public” forum…………….cannot give you the sql script as it contains articles from mysite. try it with any 15mb sql script. the results are not script specific. The sql file was created by phpmyadmin.

3) Structure Sync – Could you tell us the EXACT problems? Your “generic”, “ambiguous” and “negative” comments wont help any of us

………………………………………………well the problems is simple I donot know how to synchronise the structure of the database . I can synchronise data the instructions are clear but when I try and synchronise the structure I am lost.

I go to tools and than select the structure synchronization tool and than have tried the various options given below like copy sync sql to clipboard etc nothing seems to happen.

A BIT MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW I AM USING SQLyog

I am using the SQLyog SSH tunnel to connect to a freebsd 5.4 server remotely from a windows xp pro machine in another continent and than manage my databases. using mysql 4.1

I have used mysqlcc and phpmyadmin.

Currently trying out NAVICAT and SQLyog

Quote:
      Nope! SQLyog is compiled with the MySQL client API. The script is executed from the client! It does not 'upload' in the sense that there is no file transfer…………………..

I am using the SQLyog SSH tunnel to connect to a freebsd server remotely in another continent and than manage my databases. using mysql 4.1. Now when I tired to execute the sql file I had to wait for it to upload frist whether it was an upload or something else I donot know but I had to wait for about 10 minutes and than had to click on the execute button to execute the script I gave up midway . with navicat the entire process took about 4 minutes.

Please also answer: with what program was the .sql script generated? ………….phpmyadmin

I find in general navicat quicker at executing querries. I am no expert I go by what my experiences are.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And you are sure that network connection was equally good and the server was performing identically when you tried the different programs? Looks like it was a networking issue that occurred, or the server had a problem!

You cannot compare things this way in my opinion. Now we have a 3 moths money-back guarantee, so there is plenty of time! For how long have you been trying SQLyog (and Navicat) ?

jack111

Hi,

Been testing both for a week now.

SQLyog is not a good brand name as I was wondering what it was but navicat is quiet clear. When google brought up the SQLyog result I almost did not click on it as I though it was to do with something else. So if SQLyog could be named as something else or the name put simply as sqlyog probably make it an easier brand name to catch on to.

I very much doubt it is a network issue but will test it out again. In this busy world frist impressions count a lot.

Navicat so far is much quicker, smoother and easier to understand and execute.

Probably SQLyog like an old wine is a more developed taste.

But I only have so much time and if SQLyog does not deliver soon will be leaving it however much I want to keep it.

jack111 wrote on Sep 7 2006, 08:33 AM:
      also have you tried executing any 15mb sql script on a remote machine using both navicat and SQLyog. Do that than you will know what I mean
      jack111

Another update as I continue to test both NAVICAT and SQLyog.

SQL BACKUP SCRIPTS

with SQLyog the back file leave details in a horizontal format

Code:
      insert into `ip_logs` (`mid`,`time`,`ip`) values (19,1155332255,'ipaddress'),(2,1155332132,'ipaddress'),(2,1155299488,'ipaddress'),(2,1155299179,'ipaddress'),(2,1155299008,'ipaddress'),(2,1155298729,'ipaddress'),(2,1155291550,'ipaddress'),(2,1157217939,'ipaddress'),(2,1157195026,'ipaddress'),(2,1157185904,'ipaddress'),(20,1155333083,'ipaddress'),(2,1155333161,'ipaddress'),(2,1155333250,'ipaddress'),(21,1155333545,'ipaddress'),(22,1155373636,'ipaddress'),(22,1155383692,'ipaddress'),

This is just a short data strip image even it was a lot of data you would be going side ways for ever.

Navicat does in nicely in an easy to view format

Code:
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156249416', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156311688', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156321851', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156322197', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156322296', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156322448', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156322572', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('2', '1156322589', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156380835', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156490805', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156552885', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156739022', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156776101', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156925013', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156936604', 'ipaddress');
      INSERT INTO `ip_logs` VALUES ('23', '1156936994', 'ipaddress');

The above can easily be changed by unselecting “create bulk sql statements” but that is one more job for me to do. Make sure your default format is the best

peterlaursen
      Participant

Unfortunately there is nothing of what you say that can be used constructively.

Webyog Ofiice is in India, I work from Denmark, The webyog.com serveris in California, USA. We freqquently use SQLyog for database operations involving lot of data. This Forums database for instance is about 40 MB (without the log tables), our cusotomer/user database about 60 MB, FAQ about 25 MB. I work on all of them interactively from SQLyog every day. And have been doing backup, restores and data sync too.

All the data are 'mirrored' to a Sever in Bangalore and some of them to my Linux box. SQLyog does it all. (we DO use 'mysqldump' as a CRONJOB on the server however!).

Now give us some information, some data and a test case, and we shall publish the results!

“SQLyog is not a good brand .. but Navicat .. ” True, some people mistake the price and the quallity <_<

Quote:
      with SQLyog the back file leave details in a horizontal format

Holy Cow! You can configure that as you want. menu .. tools .. set BULK size to 0 (=zero) and you will get 1 INSERT statement per row of data!

Read: http://www.webyog.com/faq/24_101_en.html

And with the Backup 'powertool' (that you paid for!) there are even more options!

TomBez
      jack111 wrote on Sep 7 2006, 09:35 AM:
      Navicat so far is much quicker, smoother and easier to understand and execute.

It's maybe a question of taste, but those enormous amount of windows you have to pop up in navicat are anoying me. people like me, who have at least 10 applications run at the same time dont want to have a taskbar that needs 3 rows just for the sql-application to switch between windows (I hate that also with gimp or ms office) and turning of that they are in the taskbar means, that you have to search for your windows, which is even %$&$&$.

from the performance point of view it's pretty much the same.

I'm a user not sqlyog-guy

jack111
      TomBez wrote on Sep 7 2006, 10:15 AM:
      from the performance point of view it's pretty much the same.

I'm a user not sqlyog-guy

Nice to hear from a none sqlyog-guy atleast get some unbiased reviews.

My comments are pasted as I carry on testing both NAVICAT and SQLyog. I just put on this forum what I my experiences are. And it is as things happen in fact you can take this as a live blog.

For peterlaursen to give me the solutions here is a bit too late as most users donot stick around as long as me. Infact I almost cancelled my order and was goint to buy navicat. But thought I would stick around a bit longer. I am glad I did.

The more I use SQLyog the more I like it. But at the moment NAVICAT is still in the lead as it was a painfree induction………….everything was easy………..did not have to think………..had a natural flow to it.

SQLyog is difficult to understand. I have been using mysqlcc and phpmyadmin now for 2 years so If I am finding SQLyog difficult than you certainly can do a lot to better to improve the flow of things.

You can either listen to your customers and make changes or lose out.

YOU NEED TO MAKE THE SQLyog interaction more user friendly

I will give my thoughts as I carry on the testing process and hope you implement them in your next update

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      You can either listen to your customers and make changes or lose out.

Could you please point me to the Navicat Forum? How do I talk to them at all? Does Navicat have a public issue tracker? And we are absolutely not losing to them or anybody else at the moment! That I can assure you!

Do you find any other third party MySQL client given space on the MySQL website as this?

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/interv…ani-webyog.html

as most users do not stick around as long as me

?????? When did you arrive? I think I remember it was yesterday! I remember quite a lot of users 'sticking around' for some years.

as I carry on the testing process and hope you implement them in your next update

You are welcome to propose anything. We have a few (!) other proposal. What will be implemented in the next update(s) is roughly being described here:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/33_20_en.html

TomBez
      jack111 wrote on Sep 7 2006, 11:27 AM:
      YOU NEED TO MAKE THE SQLyog interaction more user friendly

For my needs SQLyog is much more userfriendly than navicat f.e. but this is maybe because i do come from the oracle corner and I'm used to the tools used there (and don't call them userfriendly 😉 the plain old sql-client from oracle is simply a pain compared to sqlyog).

If you expect from a tool, that you have more a ms-access point of view to something like a database, you might be happier with navicat. from the view of database administrator you won't be happy with navicat.

the support from the developers you find in the forum and with the ticket system is something you won't find very often, even if you pay a lot of money for support. i haven't seen microsoft or oracle making patches within 2 days for a bug found.

jack111
      Quote:
      ?????? When did you arrive? I think I remember it was yesterday! I remember quite a lot of users 'sticking around' for some years.

looks like this has been hard on you have a rest or something. Are you here to scare off prospective clients !!!. You sure are doing a good job of it.

Now to the testing part of it. I connect to my freebsd server remotely via the ssh tunnels and used a 333kb script to fill in a new database. Below are the results.

SQLyog SQL SCRIPT TAKEN FROM phpmyadmin and executed on TEST database [the SQL SCRIPT WAS 333KB in size]

13:58:15 [start time]

14:08:30 [Finish time]

execute querys: 10148

time taken=10 minutes 15 seconds

NAVICAT SQL SCRIPT TAKEN FROM phpmyadmin for TEST database [exactly same script used]

14:12:20 [start time]

14:22:45 [Finish time]

10 minutes 25 seconds

time = 623.734s

execute querrys: 5075

Both navicat and SQLyog take the same time. Infact SQLyog is about 15 seconds quicker.

The only thing is SQLyog states it has executed 10148 querries which is wrong as there were only 5075 querries in the script. I really donot care about that though.

I also did the same again on LOCALHOST ie on my computer mysql set up. Both navicat and SQLyog executed the same script in under 10 seconds. So my initial assessement of navicat being quicker was WRONG.

SQLyog is something you need to spend a bit of time with [couple of days would be plenty] to understand the interface. Before anybody come in shouting this is “A PERSONAL OPINION”

Now that I have got used to the SQLyog interface the more I use it the better it gets.

SO NOT GOING TO ASK FOR MY REFUND AFTER ALL

Rohit

Thank you so much 😀

MarkRH

Thought I'd make a comment about the product name of SQLyog vs Navicat. At least SQLyoq implies it has something to do with SQL. Navicat.. sounds like a web browser or something to me, not a SQL front-end.

Luckily I can connect to my databases at my webhost directly and not need to use the Tunneling features. I've been using the Enterprise version for sometime and really like it. I hardly ever post here because, well, I've hardly ever needed to. 🙂

The bugs I have reported on were corrected fairly quickly. 🙂

Mark H.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Actually I think we have an old issue wuth the # of quries reported wrong!

I even think I reported myself more than a yer ago.

Wll research on that again!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Actually I think we have an old issue wuth the # of quries reported wrong!

I even think I reported myself more than a year ago.

Wll research on that again!

edit: the 'counter' thing confirmed (once again) and added to the public issue-tracker here:

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/list (id 25)

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.