Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

What Happens When Setting Email Options

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog What Happens When Setting Email Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rockeis

Hi,

Just installed the latest release. Configured the SMTP settings. Hit 'Test Settings' and got the message that a test email had been sent. Waited and waited. Had the head of IT for the company there so know those settings were right. Reviewed the email several times so know that was right. Checked the monyog log and didn't see any errors there.

So am I right in assuming that test email should have shown up? If so, any ideas how to debug this?

Ron Rockwell

EIS

Hi Ron,

The test mail is sent to the account you use to login in to the SMTP server. For example, suppose you entered the following details:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 465

Encryption: SSL

Username: sayan.chaliha

Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then, the test mail will be sent to sayan.chaliha AT gmail.com…

rockeis

So thanks, now I know I should have seen an email. The question now is how do I debug? I don't see any errors in the log indicating problems connecting to the email server.

Vishal

Hi Ron,

Sayan made a mistake in replying that “The test mail is sent to the account you use to login in to the SMTP server.”

Rather, it's sent to the account that you have written in the “Your email” field.

Please check the attached file.

rockeis

Well please ignore. Turns out Postini was quarantining the emails. It was to a GMail account. They just came through.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.