Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Weird Right-click Behavior In Schema Designer

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Weird Right-click Behavior In Schema Designer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

SQLyog Ultimate 12.04

Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

Wine 1.6.2

When right clicking on a table in the schema designer, the behavior is very weird.

For example

1) Right click and choose “Drop table from database…”

2) Nothing happens

3) Right click again on the table and I get the menu as if I’d click the window icon and the confirmation dialog for the drop operation. 

Screen shot of #3 attached.

This is reproducible every time.[attachment=1985:SQLyog Ultimate 64 – local-monitor – root@localhost-_002.png]

Issue is reproducible only in wine. We tried same in windows 7/8/8.1 but this behavior is not reproducible in Windows. We will try to fix it but you should understand It may be related to wine architecture of message handling and painting we can’t give you a exact time frame for fix.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Not reproducible in OpenSUSE 12.3 with Wine 1.7.28 and XFCE desktop (running in Virtualbox).  I suspect this is an issue with Ubuntu’s “Unity” desktop.  Or it may be the Wine version.

Anyway I have Xubunbu and Fedora as well.  Let me try those.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Not an issue either on Fedora 21 (in neither Gnome and XFCE desktops) and Wine 1.7.30.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Even in Xubuntu 14.04 (Xubuntu = Ubuntu with XFCE desktop replacing Unity desktop) and Wine 1.6.2, I cannot reproduce. 

Well, I only tried with a single small talbe.  But you tell it is always reproducible for you?

(edited:  I originally wrote 10.04 and not 14.04)

peterlaursen
      Participant

And finally I tried Mint Linux with both KDE and Cinnamon desktops. Also Wine 1.6.2.  Not reproducible either.

Mitch
      Participant

Yes, it happens every time for me.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Well,it also does for Abishek on his (standard) Ubunty 14.04 (as I understand).  But I see here that only Ubuntu is affected (not even Xubuntu – probably not also Lubunty, Kubuntu etc. and also not Mint (what is 99.9% Ubuntu internally – but available with a number of other desktops than Unity). I think this clearly indicates that it is yet a problem with Unity and Wine.

Maybe they ‘mis-communicate’ desktop coordinates to each others in some cases. We will try to fix, but it may very well be difficult to debug what is actually happening.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Even on Debian 7.7 (‘wheezy’) with LXDE desktop, shipping with a now rather old 1.41 Wine verson (only 32 bit support in that Wine version), I cannot reproduce the 2 issues you reported (with SQLyog 32 bit).

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.