Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Weird "end" Key Behavior On Wrapped Lines

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Weird "end" Key Behavior On Wrapped Lines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

For purposes of this topic, I’ll use the term “visual end” to refer to the last character of a line of text that fits on a single row in the editor. If the editor can fit 80 columns in the display then on a line of 100 characters, the visual end is column 80 of that line.

“Actual end” is the end of a line of text – the ending LF or CRLF character. 

In the SQLyog editor, when word wrap is enabled, pressing the end key moves the cursor to the actual end of the line.  This causes a bit of frustration when editing.  In every other editor that I use, the end key moves the cursor to the visual end of the line rather than the actual end.  Not a huge problem, but would be nice if SQLyog acted consistently with other editors.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We also observed that SQLyog editor’s behavior is not same as other editors on pressing END key if word wrap is enabled. We have used third party library in SQLyog for rich editing experience of users and it seems their implementation of word wrap is not identical with winapi (atleast on END key). Anyways I have added this issue here-https://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=2070

We will look into it and update more here.

And we are sorry It took more than a week to reply here.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.