Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Utf-8 Vs Latin1

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Utf-8 Vs Latin1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      paulmaherstarwars
      Participant

What’s the best practice should I be setting utf-8 always now in MySQL> – as far as I can see HTML5 specifies default charset as utf-8.

Would it cause problems to have MySQL DB in latin1 and charset html5 web page with charset utf-8?

peterlaursen
      Participant

As far as SQLyog is concerned it does not matter.  SQLog always uses UTF8 internally no matter how data are stored on the server. Please refer: 

http://faq.webyog.com/content/8/148/en/do-i-need-to-set-names-to-display-characters-of-my-language.html.

Besides this is not  the best place for asking web application design questions. You are welcome to do so, but it is unlikely that you will meet experts in that matter here. However we at Webyog have been using UTF8 for all our web for more than 5 years now (and that is unrelated to HTML5) .

paulmaherstarwars
      Participant

Ok thanks … Just trying to get my head round MySQL support for UTF-8 … I think from MySQL 5.5.3 it has full support with utf8mb4 option 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.