Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Update Field Problem

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Update Field Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      bkelley

Hi, I am doing what I believe should be a simple update, and I've written the MySQL statement both on my own as well as used SQLyog help, and still it does not work. I am trying to replace a field called 'name' with a new value, using an update and a where condition.

The code that I have written is:

UPDATE geographies SET `name` = 'Albertville, AL MISA' WHERE `name` = '00010700';

I have enclosed the SQL table file. This update syntax should work; the 'name' field has the value of 00010700, and therefore should be replaced with the name of that county. But everytime I run it, it comes back with 0 records changed. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I've re-red the update section in the manual several times and still can't see it. Any help would be much appreciated.

best,

Brian

P.S. I tried to upload the file in sql or CSV format, but the forum would not let me, so I've uploaded the file in excel XML format file.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.