Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Unable To Copy Views–get Access Denied Error

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Unable To Copy Views–get Access Denied Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jprateragg
      Participant

I’m using SQLyog Enterprise 12.09 x64 on Windows 7×64. I’m trying to copy a database from a MySQL 5.5 (server A) server to a MySQL 5.6 (server 😎 server. I’m logged into a differently-named user account on each server, “userA” and “userB” respectively. In SQLyog, I go to the connection tab for Server A, right-click the database, select “Copy Database to Different Host/Database…”, select all the objects, select Server B and the target database, and the option to copy structure and data. Everything gets copied without issue except for the views. Whenever it tries to copy the views, I get the following error message (error #1044):

Executed SQL Statement:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE `analysis`.`view_analysis_consolidated_members` SELECT * FROM `analysis`.`view_analysis_consolidated_members` WHERE 0

Error message:

Access denied for user ‘userA’@’%’ to database ‘dbname’

What’s weird is the username is for the source server, not the target server. And since this is a view, I figured the SQL statement that would be executed would be CREATE VIEW not CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE. Before I upgraded to 12.09, I could have sworn this worked without issue. Is this a bug or have I inadvertently configured something incorrectly? Thanks!

EDIT: This was a permission issue on server A. I thought I had permissions to create temporary tables, but I didn’t. The error just through me off since I figured no temporary tables would be required to copy views. You can delete this post if you like. Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.