Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Tunneling No Longer Working

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Tunneling No Longer Working

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mmikeyy

I just upgraded to the latest version which requires a tunneling program update.

When I started using tunneling on a hosting site that does not accept remote db access, all went well. Put the php program in the site’s root, checked ‘use HTTP Tunnelint’ in the connection setting and voilà.

Now I just upgraded to 11.5 (64-bit).

I tried to access the database and as expected, got a message saying that I needed to upgrade the tunneling program.

I overwrote the tunneling program with the new version and the version mismatch warning disappeared.

Now, instead, I’m getting a message saying: 

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /SQLyogTunnel.php on this server.

How can that be? The file permission is 644, just like it is for ALL php files on the server.

I changed the file permission to 755 (read/execute for all) just to see  what would happen. No change.

Strangely, the database structure is displayed. F6 displays the file structure after displaying the above error message, but with the ‘Engine’ field blank and the ‘Foreign Keys’ tab inactive (a “database does not support foreign keys” message pops up whenever tab access is attempted, which is normal with no engine).

So what is one supposed to do?

peterlaursen
      Participant

It looks like a proxy/caching issue to me.

Can you please try to rename the tunneler file? No specific name is required (only the file extension must be .php or another extension that the PHP installation recognizes).

mmikeyy

I renamed the file, to no avail. Moved it to another directory: no change.

But the problem is now solved. I changed the advanced settings by checking the “Always use Base-64 encoding for data stream” checkbox. That did it.

I don’t know why it needs to be checked now and it didn’t before, And it does not matter that much: it works now and that’s what counts.

Still, it’s strange that the connection was succesful, the db structure was displayed etc, indications of the tunneling program working fine, and to have this followed by a message saying that the tunneling program cannot be accessed for lack of sufficient permissions. Perhaps a http response in an unexpected format was being misinterpreted??

peterlaursen
      Participant

The option to base64-encode was introduced in SQLyog as a workaround for a bug in a PHP XML-library, where some special characters were not always encoded cotrectly. Probably your webhost has installed an affected PHP-veron/XML-library. When using base64 everything transferred is ASCII. But it results in a 50% overhead in the data stream, as every 2 characters are encoded as a 3-byte sequence.

You may also bumped into this bug (that is ours): https://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=77

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.