Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Total Rookie : Reading From Existing Frm

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Total Rookie : Reading From Existing Frm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      indus

Hi

I am totally new to mySQL and sqlYog.

I have some *.frm files and I was wondering how do open/import them in sqlYog.

Any helpl would be appreciated

Thanks

indus

CalEvans
      indus wrote on Apr 10 2006, 04:40 PM:
      Hi

I am totally new to mySQL and sqlYog.

I have some *.frm files and I was wondering how do open/import them in sqlYog.

Any helpl would be appreciated

Thanks

indus

Howdy and welcome!

You can't import the frm files directly. However, SQLYog is a client for MySQL. So attach to the running mysql server (like you would with the command line client) and you can view the database structure and data that the frm files represent.

=C=

indus
      CalEvans wrote on Apr 10 2006, 04:49 PM:
      Howdy and welcome!

You can't import the frm files directly. However, SQLYog is a client for MySQL. So attach to the running mysql server (like you would with the command line client) and you can view the database structure and data that the frm files represent.

=C=

Thanks Cal !

I have a connection to a mySQL server.

I thought that if i did a create database and then create table- I would be able to read the .frm files into the table. But obviously, I am doing something wrong.

Any pointers ?

Thanks

indus

peterlaursen
      Participant

You shall not think in terms of files. Only the MySQL server can use those files directly. To access the data in the files you must use a MySQL client like SQLyog. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF those files. MySQL does what needs to be done!

When you connect to the running MySQL server dont the database name show up in the left column? Now expand it using the + icon and tables will be shown. Click a table and click the DATA tab and your data wil be shown.

BTW: start reading the SQLyog help file and next the FAQ …

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.