Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Tooltips For Mysql Built-in Functions (minor)

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Tooltips For Mysql Built-in Functions (minor)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      smine
      Participant

The tooltip popup for MySQL built-in functions is very useful. I noticed a few very minor issues. They are not the end of the world, but would be nice if they could better. (SQLyog Enterprise v8.11)

1) When I type “SUBSTRING(” I see a tooltip with the 4 possible sets of arguments for the substring function. However, when I type “SUBSTR(” I see a tooltip with a single entry and an empty list of arguments. It would be helpful to see the same list of possible arguments that I see when I type “SUBSTRING(“. The same thing happens for “LOWER(” (but “LCASE(” is not a problem).

2) When I type “SUBSTRING('some literal string',1,10)” I see the tooltip during every character I type. However, when I type “SUBSTRING([table_alias.field],1,10)” then the tooltip disappears. I understand that entering “table_alias.” triggers the autocomplete tooltip, but it would be nice if the SUBSTRING tooltip returned when I type the first comma. This, of course, happens to all built-in function tooltips, not just substring

navyashree.r

Hi,

Both issues are added in our issue tracker,

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1080

We will look into this. Thank you for reporting.

Regards,

Navya

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.