Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Too Many Queries …

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Too Many Queries …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

BUG:

=====

This may materialize different on different hardware (this mas made on one having 16 MB of shared video memory only – like a lot of Office PC's and Laptops).

But I came across this Query Browser bug: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=20688

Now .. it was funny to see if SQLyog can handle this: 10.000 queries! (“select * from mysql.user”).

Try pasting it into SQLeditor, click double-arrow let it run for some seconds, move cursor over program winodw and you will get something like attached. It seems that SQLyog 'claims all screen-space' here. Also I have a screen-grabber that lets me grab 'active window'. When SQLyog is running this set of queries it grabs the whole screen.

Also the vertical scroll-bar below the RESULT tabs becomes non-functional. You may also experience that icons and other objects disappear. Looks like it tries to operate more graphics memory than there is available.

I do not claim that this is important as described here, but obviously the program violates some 'boundaries' in relation to graphcis management – and that may have consequenses elsewhere. I do not know if you need 1000 or more queries to encounter something like this, or if 50 is enough …

REQUEST:

=======

With this example it also becomes obvious that the ALT+n keyboard shortcut for changing between RESULT TABs is not sufficient! Now I do think we should expect people to run 10.000 queries like this, but 30, 55, 80 is not unrealistic.

An implementation idea: ALT+1 .. ALT+9 continue as they are. For higher numbers implement ALT++ (ALT plus PLUS 😀 ) and a smal popup occurs where you can enter a number like '29'.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.