Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Too Complex For Sja?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      br8kwall

I think this is too weird for a desktop tool, but I'm trying to avoid buying something else if possible. It turns out this could be enough for me as I don't need a realtime replication $$$olution between Oracle to MySQL. But the process is far from bullet proof and it's a little weird. So, I'd appreciate suggestions on the most elegant way to do this with SJA and then I'll see if I need something else. I'm sure that there is a better way than my current approach using SJA.

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish using a job scheduled in windows every 3 hours

1. copy records from several tables from Oracle into MySQL DB1 (inside our firewall) from standalone machine using the Import tool.

2. update the operation log table to tell users when the last time the data were successfully refreshed

3. syncronize only the changed records to a mysql outside of our firewall for external users to report from

Q1. Right now this is three different scheduled jobs – each of which can fail and confuse things. Is there a way to combine the job files into one so that they all execute as one thing?

Q2. Can the job execute some SQL and write something useful about the final job status into a table of my choosing? BTW, due to our security restrictions I can't use the email notification abiliities 🙁

Q3. Is there a better way to do this in general? With or without sja?

Jan.S

Hi,

Here are the answers:

1. Create a job file for import

2. Create a job (using SQLyog's Scheduler and Reporting Tool) to execute the required query, or create a trigger to automatically execute the query when data is added.

3. Create a job file for data sync

Q1. The jobs cannot be combined into a single job. However you can write a batch script to run these jobs, and then schedule it, so it will be synchronized.

Q2: You will need to add another job to run a query to get what information you require to add into the other table. This can also be added to the batch script

Q3: With SJA this is the best way to accomplish what you want to do. We don't use or comment on other tools, so we can not tell you if there is a better way to do this using some other tool.

Regards,

Janani

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.