Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

"table Not Found" After Query Execution

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions "table Not Found" After Query Execution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      vygi

I don't know how and why it happened but right now the latest RC2 executes “show full fields from sometable” after each query and shows “Error No. 1146 Table highlighted_database.sometable doesn't exist” if different database is highlighted on the left and I execute something like SELECT * FROM another_database.sometable LIMIT 1. I hope you understand what I mean… Let me know if not.

Strange enough, another connection does not produce such requests and the error does not appear.

peterlaursen
      Participant

No we do not quite understand. You are welcome to detail it.

Is it reproducable? Or did it happen only once?

Can you give details about the two connections ?

Quote:
      I'm just a guy whose intentions are good

Oh Lord, don't let me be misunderstood

(The Animals 40 years ago .. and nothing changed 🙂 )

peterlaursen
      Participant

reproduced now, but we still don't have a clew!

peterlaursen
      Participant

“show full fields from sometable” executes when one resultset is in 'edit'mode (not showing 'read-only' in the dropdown). But there is nothing new in this RC compared to earlier releases in this respect. It is a coincidence that you encounter this now.

The internal code processed in 'edit'mode and 'non-edit'mode is not quite the same.

But 'database does not exist' should not occur if it does exist, of course.

We continue with this tomorrow.

vygi
      peterlaursen wrote on Feb 19 2007, 05:15 PM:
      But 'database does not exist' should not occur if it does exist, of course.

Thanks for the info;

yes, now I also understood when it happens and how to reproduce it.

The reason for the error message is: the statement is being executed when different database is selected.

– change to “second_database” (“use second_database” in the background)

– select something from the first one (select * from first_database.sometable limit 1)

– SQLyog performs “show full fields from sometable” without “use first_database” and without adding “first_database.” in front of the table name, therefore MySQL answers “table second_database.sometable doesn't exist”.

Then it happens also when I click F5 or “Execute Current Query” and don't want to edit query results.

Regards,

Vygi

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.