Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Table Combo List Too Narrow

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Table Combo List Too Narrow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

The list of tables in the combo box is too narrow. I can only see the name of the database and the first few letters of the table name. This is not enough to tell which table is which. See attachment.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please tell the program version you are using. With recent versions the “unfolded” dropdown will be wider. Please see image.

[attachment=1549:dropdown.jpg]

This was changed in 8.7. Release notes tell:

Quote:
      “When updating from RESULT tab we will now handle the database context automatically. The database context as selected by user is not used. Note that this applies to MySQL 4.1+ server and when not using HTTP-tunnel (as pre-4.1 MySQL and PHP do not expose the database in the result set).”

At that time we added the database to the string dispalayed here so that it it displays 'database.table'. This is required to execute UPDATES against the right database independent of user's selection of database context. Is it the problem that the databasename consumes too much space? If so I think we can consider to hide “database.” from the display here (only hide from the display – internally we will need the 'fully qualified tablename'

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have added this to our issuetracker here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1621

Additionally we find that the 'unfolded' dropdown in Wine does not behave as it should and does in Windows. This we are checking now.

Mitch
      Participant

I am running version 8.81 under Wine.

peterlaursen
      Participant

yes we noticed this morning from you screenshot that this is Wine. I failed to see it in the weekend.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.