Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Syntax error in from clause

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Bobnz

During the import of one db I got the error message …

” [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.”

Is there some way I can fix this?

Bob

Ritesh

Are you issuing a SQL query to fetch data?

Bobnz

No just using the ODBC import wizard.

Bob

Ritesh

There is an option in ODBC Import Wizard where you can import data by specifying a SELECT SQL stmt. Anyway, it seems that you are not using the feature.

Can you tell me the steps that you are following?

Better still if you can attach a screenshot when you are getting the error.

HTH

Bobnz

This is a mock up as screen shot only takes top window. I get the error message halfway through the import

I close the error window and the import window looks as it does in the attachment.

I am using the import wizard the way I have for quite a few Dbs and had no problem except where table names need to be cleaned up.

Bob

Bobnz

Edited insert and couldn't reinsert into post.

Bob

Ritesh
      Quote:
      except where table names need to be cleaned up.

Can you explain a little more?

In the last step of the wizard, SQLyog will show you the table name that is currently being imported. Can you find out the table that is giving error?

BTW, can you attach a copy of your database that is giving error, so that we can work on it and fix the bug ( if there are any ) in SQLyog 3.6?

Bobnz

Seems to be tblAccessories, tblMonitor and tblPrinter. I have imported and deleted this DB several times without any problems.

Bob

Ritesh

We were able to import the data without any problem. We have Office 2K.

Try, dropping the above mentioned tables in the MySQL server and re-import it from Access.

Bobnz

Ok I have imported all tables in the database. However I had to go into the access version and rename tables and fields, remove spaces in names and other characters that sqlyog didn't like. None of which I have had to do before when importing to mysql.

I have two linux boxes both running mysql. Once a DB has been imported successfully I import a copy on to the testing server and run the scripts which will be run by users and admin. The way this import has gone I wont be able to test any scripts against it because of the different table and field names. Is there a setting I haven't configured on the testing server that causes this difference in the import process?

Bob

Ritesh
      Quote:
      The way this import has gone I wont be able to test any scripts against it because of the different table and field names. Is there a setting I haven't configured on the testing server that causes this difference in the import process?

Can you explain a little more?

Bobnz

I have had to remove all spaces in field names eg. “I P Address” becomes “IPAddress” and other field names such as “Memory(M:cool:” (sqlyog error said it was undefined function) becomes MemoryMB one field name had a “?” that had to go. and various others….

Bob

Ritesh

Which version of Access you have?

I think there is some problem with your ODBC driver.

Bobnz

I'm using Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1)

Bob

Bobnz

I have uninstalled sqlyog from the WIN2k machine and installed it on a laptop and connected that to the server and imported an original copy of the DB (with all the odd field names) with the same results. I thought I had had success but the first import was the amended DB not the original. When I tried the original DB the import process fell over with the error I first posted. How likely is it that two successive PC's have corrupt ODBC?

Bob

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.