Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Synchronizing Database

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Synchronizing Database

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cyberbougnat

Can I synchronize 2 databases on 2 differents servers with SQLyog ?

If yes, how can I do it ?

thanks

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Can I synchronize 2 databases on 2 differents servers with SQLyog ?

Yes. You can 😀

Just connect to different servers. Select Tools->Database Synchronization Tool… and in the Combo dropdown you will find databases of both the servers ( i.e. connections ).

Select the databases you want to synchronize and choose one of the output option.

hellraiser40

This synchronzing means that the structure of the 2 databases is equal.

My question : is it possible to synchronize the data between 2 databases on remote servers or do I have to copy the content from one database to another one?

Also, is it possible to automatize the synchronization/copying of the 2 databases?

Ritesh

You can only bring the database structure in sync – not the data.

SQLyog will generate the required scripts to bring one database in complete sync with another. So it is “automated” in that sense. However, scheduling this activity to run at regular intervals is not possible.

Being able to synchronize the date would be a great feature… more useful on a regular basis that syncing the table structure….

hellraiser40

not only useful, it would made me and my boss very happy 🙂

maybe an implementation you could work on?? because data sync is something that is used many times and structur sync only once

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.