Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Synchronization doesn't work (c++ error?)

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Synchronization doesn't work (c++ error?)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      phoenix

Hi,

I've came across your product while I was searching for a solution to synchronise a local database (used via ms access), to a database on the server (webserver).

For testing purposes, I use mysql 3.23.58-NT on my win2k sp4 machine, and 3.23.58 on my FreeBSD 4.9 machine (“mysql Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, for portbld-freebsd4.9 (i386)”). The windows machine is the 'local database', FreeBSD the webserver.

Synchronizing from webserver -> local works perfectly, but I need to do it the other way around (local -> webserver) 🙂

When I use the wizard in SQLyog, everything seems to work (because I get no errors), but it doesn't! The final dialog of the wizard looks like this (I guess it shouldn't look like this ;)):

sja_result.jpg

After reading some things on this forum, I tried to use the saved xml file (c:sync.xml) with sja.exe via the windows command line (sja -l c:log.log c:sync.xml) .. This results in a C++ error (?):

sja_error.jpg

When I close that window, I get a DrWatson popup, stating 'sja.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program'.

I've given the users 'ALL' privileges on the used databases on both ends.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Ritesh

While executing sja from the command line dont put a space between -l and the log file name.

This means that instead of

Code:
      sja -l c:log.log c:sync.xml

use

Code:
      sja -lc:log.log c:sync.xml

We are going to fix this bug soon.

If you are able to sync two databases from command line when using the correct option please let us know.

phoenix

Too bad )-:

This doesn't work .. I get the same errors as before, except for the c++ error!

Ritesh

Can you paste the output from sja when you are running it with correct option i.e. without a space between -l and the log file?

phoenix
      Code:
      C:Program FilesSQLyog>sja -lc:log.log c:sync.xml
      SQLyog Job Agent Version 1.2
      Copyright (c) Webyog. All Rights Reserved.

Sync started at Tue Dec 02 17:12:02 2003

C:Program FilesSQLyog>

And I get the DrWatson error during execution ..

Ritesh

Does the error occur ONLY when the source database is your local server and the target database is your remote server? Does it occur if you interchange the source and the target?

Ritesh

This is strange!

Can you send us the XML file at [email protected]. It would be great if you can send some sample data too.

We will setup your environment out here, and try to reproduce the bug.

What are the contents of c:log.log?

phoenix
      Quote:
      Does the error occur ONLY when the source database is your local server and the target database is your remote server? Does it occur if you interchange the source and the target?

I just tried to do server -> local, instead of local -> server. I get the same error as local -> server. I've used a different table though .. but I don't think that has much to do with this problem ..

Quote:
      This is strange!

Can you send us the XML file at [email protected]. It would be great if you can send some sample data too.

We will setup your environment out here, and try to reproduce the bug.

What are the contents of c:log.log?

The log file is empty .. (?)

Anyway, I've sent the xml job files for both synchrisations, along with the contents of the used tables to [email protected]!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.