Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

synchronising data

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests synchronising data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

First off – this is a great program … in my opinion far better than all the standard programs which have been around for a while and which I have used previously.

Reading these forums has taught me a lot… perhaps the help files could be improved and save you a lot of time in the long run. :huh:

The one thing I would love to see is a way to synchronise data between my development databases on my pc and the functional database on my server.

It would be great if this could be done. A “real” improvement to how I manage my sites!

Thanks!

CalEvans

Curious, do you move data (large quantities) from your development to your production? My usual way of synchronizing the two is o use mysqldump -opt on my production and sucking it into my development. I rarely move data the other way except for domain table entries.

=C=

Bogdan Zagan

I will give you an answer Cal:

Let's say your DB is under heavy processing (an C program wich performs a lot of operations, such as table scans for custom index creation on the constant run).

On the other hand you have lots of http requests for Apache. Everyone knows MySQL is not so great with updates (especially when you configure it for select speed).

So you work on the developement server (24/7) and when the condition are met you syncronize data and structure with the production server.

In my case, the amount is around 10 G within an interval of 2 days. (try http://www.3dseek.com)

In other cases there could be the third level, when you need data for OLAP. No DBA would make reports on the production server. In this case you take the data from the production server into the reporting server, denormalise the structure for speed and fire the reports you need.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.