Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Synchonizing Data too

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Synchonizing Data too

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is there a way to “synchronize” database data?

I've got a REAL e-commerce site up, and then a local one… I have to update them back and forth, but I can' simply drop the live one and replace. (That'd remove orders, and order history etc) But, when I update products on the local site I've gotta get them online!

I did the synchonization tool, but it doesn't see difference (other than the config_key) I guess because its looking for “structural” differences, not data differences.

What'd REALLY be nice, is two way synchronization of data.

When I “update” the new info from the online shop hits my localhost shop, and my local shop's updated product info etc propogates to the new site as well.

Can anyone give me any tips on this?

Thanks for your program (I don't understand it fully yet LOL, but I'm working on it)

Drakonan

Anonymous

BTW, how hard would it be to add code to prevent double submitting on my site (like you have done below)

We're always getting double catalog orders!

Thanks for all your help,

Drakonan

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Is there a way to “synchronize” database data?

Read the MySQL Doc on Replication

Synchronizing data is in the TO-DO list of SQLyog Max 😀

Quote:
      BTW, how hard would it be to add code to prevent double submitting on my site (like you have done below)

Can you be more elaborate?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.