Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sync Or Sql Dump With Where

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sync Or Sql Dump With Where

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      davemarks

Hi

I have a very large table (1.3M rows, 7.17GB currently) with two columns, emailID and emailBody which I want to sync to another server.

Old data is never changed, so I only need to find new rows and copy them across to the new server.

The data sync wizard is very slow syncing this table because it compares all the old data – is there anyway to tell it “just find new rows and copy those?”

Alternatively, is there a way I can do a scheduled backup that only backs up new rows somehow? Maybe just doing last x rows in each backup (which would have some overlap, but would save dumping the entire database)

I should add – I can currently do this manually by doing “select * from emalbody where emailID > x” and then right click on results and “export all rows” etc, but I want a way of doing this automatically

Thanks

Sibin A S
      Hello Davemarks,

You can use the ‘Visual Data Compare‘ tool to sync only the data that aren’t similar in the source and destination tables by selecting the option ‘Hide similar rows’ in the ‘Visual Data Compare’ wizard. This option presents only the data that has to be synced between the servers excluding the similar data.

Currently SQLyog supports backing up the databases/tables as a whole. The reason SQLyog doesn’t perform backing up only the newly added rows is that SQLyog being a MySQL Client cannot fire queries to the dump file to fetch the data that is already present in it and perform the backup of remaining data.

Regards,

Sibin
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.