Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sylyog – No Longer Sees Previous Setup Information

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sylyog – No Longer Sees Previous Setup Information

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tfg

My current version is 8.4 SQLyog Ultimate

I have used sqlyog for many years. This morning when I started it the “Connect to MySQL Host” window has no information in it (i.e. the setup information to get to the many sites I had in there for years). I have run chkdsk and it found no disk errors. Is there anything I can do to recover this information?

navyashree.r

Hi,

I am not able to tell exactly what happened. The settings are stored in a file 'sqlyog.ini'.

Release notes:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2009/10/01/sqlyog-815-rc-has-been-released/

“If a sqlyog.ini files exists in installation folder it should be copied to 'AppData' folder. This is required for upgrading from versions before 6.06. However with latest releases an empty file was created in 'AppData'.”

The file position is:

Windows 2K/XP/2003:

C:Documents and SettingsUserApplication DataSQLyog

Windows Vista/2008/7:

C:Users{user}AppDataRoamingSQLyog

Note that 'AppData' folder is a hidden folder (you unhide from Control Panel … Folder Options) and also note that some folders may have localized names.

We will also try to reproduce this issue at our end as we encountered same long before. BTW please tell what is your OS?

If you need more detailed help please tell!

Thank You and Regards,

Navya

tfg

I am using XP.

I updated from the previous installation (which was the most recent until the current new version) and took defaults. It was my understanding that it installs over the old one. In the past it has always kept the previous settings I had.

I have looked in the Application Data/SQLyog directory and note that there are a number of SQLyog_Dump_xxx.dmp files in there. I have attached a directory listing.

Here is what my sqlyog.ini file looks like – it appear that all the information is gone.

[VSplitter]

Left=0

Right=0

Top=0

Bottom=0

ULeftOrTopPercent=0

[SQLYOG]

Number=0

File1=0

File2=0

File3=0

File4=0

File5=0

Host=localhost

Encoding=utf8

Left=0

Top=0

Right=600

Bottom=600

Maximize=0

[HSplitter]

Left=0

Right=0

Top=0

Bottom=0

ULeftOrTopPercent=35

[GENERALPREF]

UpgradeCheckedDate=0

Let me know if there is something I should do. What is causing the *.dmp files to be generated? After updating to the most recent release it did work a number of times before all the information disappeared.

navyashree.r

Thanks for information. We will try to reproduce at our end and update status.

Quote:
      What is causing the *.dmp files to be generated?

Dumps are the files which are created if application crashes and these are the dumps which was created in 2008 and is of no help now. So, in future if you get any crash dumps please send to us so that we can find out what is the root cause for that particular issue and nail down them easily.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.