Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Suggestion: Upper Case Sql Keywords

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Suggestion: Upper Case Sql Keywords

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      vygi

Hi again,

I would like to have lower case/upper case switcher in the Auto Complete settings.

I always used to type “SELECT field1, field2 FROM table WHERE field1>0 ORDER BY field1”

(SQL statements UPPER CASE) because it is better readable but now on outo completion SQLyog changes all the keywords to lower case…

peterlaursen
      Participant

hmmm …

I agree that UPPERCASE KEYWORDS in SQL generally makes things more readable.

Wasn't it simpler just to have the keywords.db containing KEYWORDS in UPPERCASE?

I am not sure what to think about FuNcTiOnS …. <_< But I would not mind a setting … You can convert keywords in the database to UPPERCASE with the SQLite command line client, just execute:

Code:
      Update objects set object_name = UPPER(object_name) where object_type = 1;

.. what I would suggest was done with next release 🙂

Note that if you have added your own KEYWORDS (with LOWERCASES) containing non-ASCII characters, it won't work on those!

Ritesh

Interesting request. I will discuss it with my developers now and update this thread in sometime.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.