Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Suggestion: Schema Synchronization

forums forums SQLyog Query Builder and Schema Designer Suggestion: Schema Synchronization

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      AGA Media

Hi,

just a suggestion: If you crosscheck the differences between two nearly identical schemas and you have changed only some *comments* (but not the structure of a table), you get lots of “false alarms”. I don´t use the automatical changement by using your tool, but change the table structure only by hand (the database is very complex and with lots of constraints so I work with the most possible control to not loose any data).

The suggestion is based on the following: In my case I use a master database which contains all the (empty) tables, (filled) lookup data, indexes, constraints etc. If I sell a product, I make a copy of the master-db, and use the new db for my customer. During development of my app I then add or change some tables in the master, and do the changes to the customer tables, too – but alas not in every case the comments (since it is not necessary for me, and time is money … ;-))). If I compare the customer db lateron with the master db using your Schema Synchronization it takes some time to judged a changement as mandatory or just a change of parts of the comment. It would be great to have the option: “Compare Schema Without Looking at Comments” (hope you understand my thinking).

And another suggestion: If I see a mandatory changement for the target table in Schema Sync, but would not like to change it by executing SQL (as mentioned above), could there be a possibility to call upon the target table (like with F6) to work directly on the table? (Actually I have to make a note, close Schema Sync, go to the table, F6, make the changes, the go back to Schema Sync …).

Thanks, all the best,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

peterlaursen
      Participant

I understand:

1) You suggest an option to “ignore differences if differences are in comments in comments only”? 

2) From the Schema Sync GUI there should be a control (like a context menu) to open ALTER TABLE, MANAGE INDEXES etc. 

Please confirm.

AGA Media
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '07:

I understand:

1) You suggest an option to “ignore differences if differences are in comments in comments only”? 

2) From the Schema Sync GUI there should be a control (like a context menu) to open ALTER TABLE, MANAGE INDEXES etc. 

Please confirm.

Hi, Peter,

you put it perfectly well in short form!

All the best,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.