Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Submitting Patches?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      FireStorm9

Greetings,

Been a while!

I was wondering, how do we go about submitting patches to the devs?

I have one here that fixes the latest font issues brought up by the 5.2 b4 release, and I have implmeneted standardized scrolling behavior while scrolling in the grids, (well, kinda). Now when using the mouse wheel, the grid scrolls the number of lines defined in the user's control panel mouse wheel settings (default: 3), and when you click in the void in the horizontal scrollbar, the grid moves by 7 instead of one (need to figure out how to calc the last visible column in the grid and make it the first visible column in the grid on hscroll, but that'll come next).

The bulk of the changes surround the font height, which per the Microsoft docs, should be:

-MulDiv(fontheight, GetDeviceCaps(GetDC(hwnd), LOGPIXELSY), 72)

All instances are updated to this nomenclature, and now the grid-font and text area fonts behave as expected. (The grid font was smaller than the textbox fonts). Additionally, I noticed the messages text box and the Control-L datafont was not honoring the font settings so I fixed that also.

Attached is a diff if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

-=Fire

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will definitely look into this tommorrow!

We will 99% also release beta5 tomorrow ourselves. It will probably be too late to include your patches in this one (I hope that there is not too much 'crossover'). But they can go into RC1 ..

I shall ask Manoj about the diff's are an OK way o coomunication or there is some better method.

To submit patches yourself to Google you will have to be a 'project member'.

FireStorm9
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 28 2006, 02:37 PM:
      We will definitely look into this tommorrow!

We will 99% also release beta5 tomorrow ourselves. It will probably be too late to include your patches in this one (I hope that there is not too much 'crossover'). But they can go into RC1 ..

I shall ask Manoj about the diff's are an OK way o coomunication or there is some better method.

To submit patches yourself to Google you will have to be a 'project member'.

Ok, thanks! Whatever works best for you guys.

-=FireStorm

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have now studied your code.

Quite a lot of small things that we missed is there.

We will definitely try to 'put that in' next week before RC1 release.

FireStorm9
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 29 2006, 12:25 PM:
      We have now studied your code.

Quite a lot of small things that we missed is there.

We will definitely try to 'put that in' next week before RC1 release.

No worries, just trying to share!

🙂

Cheers,

-=FireStorm

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Firestorm9

In the release notes we will for the future add a 'credits' paragraph.

Shall we credit this to 'Firestorm9' or you want another name there?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Hello!

All your patches have now been integrated in the development tree. You can verify for yourself with the next release.

Thank you!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.