Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Stored Procedure Comment – Line Break Formatting

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Stored Procedure Comment – Line Break Formatting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug but it’s definitely frustratiing.

When creating a stored procedure and adding comments to the stored procedure I can see the line breaks are being saved in information_schema.ROUTINES but when I alter the stored procedure the formatting doesn’t show as expected when viewing in the editor.

When opening a file that contains my stored procedure SQL which has line breaks in it the editor displays it correctly though…just seems when right clicking the stored procedure and clicking Alter Stored Procedure.. doesn’t format comment as expected

BEFORE

COMMENT "
      Author: Carlton
      Date: 02/10/2015
      Overview:
      Blah blah
      "

AFTER ALTER PROCEDURE

COMMENT 'nAuthor: Carlton nDate: 02/10/2015nOverview:nBlah blahn'

SQLYog Ultimate 11.33

Following topic…

Kartik Grover
      Spectator

Hi

We have checked this, the alter Procedure functionality in SQLyog fetches the data from the SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE statement. You can see that on your end by running the statement that the server returns the Create statement with the “n” and not the line break itself. We are sorry but there is nothing that we can do. It is a server returned character.

Regards

Kartik 

I see what you mean, well thanks for the quick reply anyway.

I think Peter Laursen (could have sworn he was part of SQLYog dev team) highlighted this as an issue a while back, https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=75392

They brushed it off as something minor  🙄

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.