Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Still Too Many Modal Dialogs

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Still Too Many Modal Dialogs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ken

I was trying a database sync, and getting no records transferred, no activity in fact, in the log window.

So, in the middle of the wizard, I thought I might pop over to my open connection and see how many rows there are in each table.

Issue 1: But there is no “popping”, because it's the wizard has to be closed, AFAIK, before you can use the open connections.

In any case, there are several additional issues:

2) Why not show the row counts when I select some tables to be synced? Just so that we can have some reassurance that we have the right tables in the right direction. This information could be useful, in case the user has reversed Source and Target somehow…”Hey, currently, there are no records to be transferred”.

3) I know it seems obvious, but a few words on the Source and Target screen of the wizard. “Source is where the records are FROM, Target is where the records are going TO”

Update: I restarted the Wizard, made what I thought were all the same selections, except Save Script, and this time, the job ran, and I got 48 and 5 records moved.

Thanks,

K

peterlaursen
      Participant

We do plan to reduce modality in near future.  One way would be to open a tab and not a dialogue. We will discuss details about what we can do with the SJA wizard as well

ken

Thanks, Peter!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.