Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Status Bar: Exec And Total Is The Same

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Status Bar: Exec And Total Is The Same

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

I am executing multiple queries. The value for “Exec” and “Total” are the same or differ only by a second.

What is this supposed to represent?

IMHO it would be nice to have “Exec” show the current query and “Total” the sum of all executed queries of that batch.

(using SQLyog community 64-bit, 12.09)

Exec is time taken in execution of query. Total time taken from pressing of execution button to display of result (exec+network+others).

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is supposed t work like described here http://faq.webyog.com/content/8/147/en/how-shall-i-understand-the-_query-execution-time_-that-sqlyog-gives-me.html.

I think Abishek does not get the point that this is about *bach execution* of multiple queries.

I have two queries (against our live customer/orders database) :

SELECT * FROM `database`.`table` ORDER BY `order_id` DESC LIMIT 100;

SELECT * FROM `database`.`table` ORDER BY `order_id` DESC LIMIT 10000;

In MESSAGES tab I get

Execution Time : 0.129 sec

Transfer Time  : 6.475 sec

Total Time     : 6.604 sec

Here I believe that “0.129 sec” is the execution time of the first (and fastest) query *ONLY*.  Because when executing the first query only I get

Execution Time : 0.126 sec <– here difference to 0.129 sec is neglible and varies from execution to execution. 

Transfer Time  : 0.121 sec

Total Time     : 0.248 sec

larsen
      Participant

I think it would be useful if the behaviour could be changed (for batch queries only).

– Rename “Exec” to “This” and show the total time of the last query

– “Total” shows the sum of all executed queries from that batch so far

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is a bug, obviously. Do you use (HTTP- or SSH) tunnel? I reproduced wth SSH-tunnel, but it is not reproducible for me with direct connection. 

I think

* in RESULT TAB(s) information should be for that particular query only. 

* In MESSAGES tab it should be telling sums of all queries – as the FAQ states: “In case you execute multiple statements at a time SQLyog will ‘aggregate’ the information for all queries executed.”

* in HISTORY tab it seems OK.

larsen
      Participant

I am using a direct connection to MySQL on port 3306.

@Peter: Are you refering to the content of the tab itself or to the status bar when any of those tabs is active?

peterlaursen
      Participant

According to http://faq.webyog.com/content/8/147/en/how-shall-i-understand-the-_query-execution-time_-that-sqlyog-gives-me.html

.. I am reffering to all the 3 interfaces (MESSAGES tab, status bar of RESULT tabs and *per query* listing in HiSTORY tab.  MESSAGES tab has the most most complete information.

larsen
      Participant

Cause I was referring only to the status bar and the time displayed when the queries are still being executed, which I can see is being updated between each of those queries.

I was not referring to what is shown inside the tabs after queries have been executed.

@Peter-On SSH tunnel also issue is not reproducible. See attached image. 

@larsen-I am executing multiple queries. The value for “Exec” and “Total” are the same or differ only by a second.

What is this supposed to represent?

IMHO it would be nice to have “Exec” show the current query and “Total” the sum of all executed queries of that batch.

Please refer-http://faq.webyog.co…g-gives-me.html

On batch execution Total time meant to represent  time taken from the time when you clicked execute button to time of completion, and execution time meant to represent only execution time of all the queries. They are updated as soon as any query finishes it’s execution.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have to correct myself.  With above example I get in MESSAGES tab:

2 queries executed, 2 success, 0 errors, 0 warnings

Query: select * from `webyog_portal`.`order_details` order by `order_id` desc limit 100

100 row(s) returned

Execution Time : 0.127 sec

Transfer Time  : 0.121 sec

Total Time     : 0.248 sec

Query: SELECT * FROM `webyog_portal`.`order_details` ORDER BY `order_id` DESC LIMIT 10000

10000 row(s) returned

Execution Time : 0.126 sec

Transfer Time  : 6.485 sec

Total Time     : 6.612 sec

(only noticed half of it before).

In status bar of RESULT tabs I get the same in both tabs: the aggregated execution time and aggregated transfer time of the *complete query batch*. This is as per design.

So what is the problem here? 

larsen
      Participant

I was looking for a way to get the time of the last query instead of the aggregated value when executing a batch of queries.

For me, aggregated exec/total was more or less the same value, so I thought one of those two could be used to show the time for the last query.

So, if exec/total differs more for others than it does for me, this can probably not be changed.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Can’t you switch to MESSAGES tab when you need such information? 

larsen
      Participant

MESSAGES is only updated after all queries have been executed.

It´s not that I really need it. I just thought that it could be more useful. So, if the current behaviour is useful for other people or difficult to change, then I don´t mind.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.