Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Ssh Tunnelling Broken In V8.5.1

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Ssh Tunnelling Broken In V8.5.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      stantonh

My ssh tunnels will not work after upgrading to 8.5.1. I have tried both Password and Public Key (ppk). The same public key file works in Putty.

navyashree.r

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in our SQLyog PLINK.

We are providing a not_release 'SQLyog-8.52n2' binary.

Please click here to download,

We will include this fix in our next release of SQLyog.

Please let us know whether its working fine at your end.

Warm Regards

Navya

stantonh

Now it works in WinXP but not under Linux/Wine or Linux/Codeweavers_Crossover

StephenOrr

My colleague and I have also seen this issue. We're running SQLyog 8.5.1 under Windows 7 Professional. I'm on 64-bit, he's on 32-bit, but neither of us are able to connect to any MySQL servers when tunnelling over SSH (works for non-SSH connections).

I've also tried the patched version provided here, which made no difference whatsoever.

My other colleague has successfully upgraded and been able to connect over SSH with the exact same version; are there likely to be any conflicts between SQLyog and the version of PuTTy (0.60) we have installed? We're all using Pageant to store our SSH keys. I have Git installed via Msysgit also, so there are a number of SSH clients installed on my system – but this was also true before upgrading SQLyog.

In order to eliminate simple reasons for this, I completely uninstalled SQLyog and deleted the settings folder from Application Data, but I still get no further than I did before.

If you need any more information let me know!

Supratik

We think that the issue with Windows 7 and Linux/Wine are similar.

We have fixed this issue in the latest SQLyog-8.5.2.0-n3 not released build.

Please download the binary from here and let us know if it is working fine in your environment.

Warm Regards

Supratik

StephenOrr

Thanks Supratik.

My colleague and I have both tried this new download, and so far it seems to work perfectly; we've tested with a number of different MySQL versions from 4.1.22 to 5.1 and all seems ok.

Thanks for the fast turnaround.

nithin

We have released 8.52GA. The bug fix related to the SQLyog's Plink is included to this official release.

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2010/06/29/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-52-released/

Please download, try it in your environment and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hello all!

When I tried the latest build of the previous release, SSH tunneling worked just fine. However, after a reboot today plink now crashes when attempting a tunneled connection. This situation is not fixed by using the new release either. No idea if this information is useful but:

Code:
      Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: plink.exe
      Application Version: 0.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp: 4c285c15
      Fault Module Name: plink.exe
      Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4c285c15
      Exception Code: c0000005
      Exception Offset: 0000ae40
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
      Locale ID: 2057
      Additional Information 1: 0a9e
      Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3: 0a9e
      Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

So far as I know the only windows patches that have been applied since it was working are:

KB91033 – Update for Windows 7

KB915597 – Definition Update for Windows Defender

I've not changed anything else on the system.

Any ideas? Or anyone else reporting this problem?

Thanks

Matthew

Supratik

Hi MatthewSibson,

Quote:
      When I tried the latest build of the previous release, SSH tunneling worked just fine. However, after a reboot today plink now crashes when attempting a tunneled connection. This situation is not fixed by using the new release either. No idea if this information is useful but:

Can you please tell me what is the previous version of SQLyog you are using ?

We will require some information to find the root cause of the issue.

1. Are you using Password based or Key based authentication method to connect to your server ?

2. Is it happing when you are connecting to a particular server or all the servers ?

3. Is it reproducible even after you restart once again ?

4. Please download the SQLyog PLINK from here and replace it with the PLINK in the installation folder.

Are you able to connect to your server using this replacement PLINK.

Can you please create a support ticket for SQLyog from here.

You may reply in the ticket with the information requested above. We will continue any further discussion in the ticket system.

We look forward to your reply.

Warm Regards

Supratik

Supratik

Hi MatthewSibson,

We are including two more steps here.

1. Please download this new SQLyog PLINK from here

and replace it with the PLINK in the installation folder.

2. Now try to connect to your server. If PLINK crashes it will create a crash dump in the format “SQLyog_plink_60_Dump_XXX.dmp” (XXX represents sequence) and “SQLyog_plink.log”.

Please upload both the files in the Support Ticket which you need to create as requested in the previous post.

Warm Regards

Supratik

Supratik,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply earlier as we were quite busy. I am currently using the latest official version, previously I was using the most recent build on this thread.

I replaced my PLINK with the one provided earlier and this fixed the problem. Before I replaced it this morning I was finding that I could connect to some servers but not others, unfortunately I don't have any idea what is running on each server to tell you whether it's specific to MySQL version etc.

With the new PLINK, everything is working fine.

Thanks!

Matthew

Supratik

Hi MatthewSibson,

The plink binary which you have downloaded from the link provided in Step 4 of my second post is Ver: 0.58.

We have upgraded our SQLyog PLINK to 0.60 and we are not supporting the previous version (Ver: 0.58) of

PLINK from SQLyog 8.5 onwards.

Can you please download the latest PLINK (0.60) binary from here and replace it with the PLINK in your

SQLyog installation folder. If PLINK crashes it will create a crash dump as explained in my last post.This will help us to nail down the issue.

If you have “User Account Control” ON please run SQLyog using administrator privilege.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

We look forward to your reply.

Warm Regards

Supratik

stantonh

Installed SQLyog 8.5.2 & ssh-tunnelling worked.

The installed version of plink was size 332800.

I downloaded the plink.exe ver 0.60 from the above step (size 502272) and all still works under wine & CrossOver Office.

Thank you for your time & effort on this issue.

nithin

We would like to inform that we have made a public release 8.53GA where we have solved 2 issues related to SSH. Please download, try it in your environment and let us know if need any further assistance.

8.53 release-notes

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.