Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Ssh Connection To Amazon Ec2

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Ssh Connection To Amazon Ec2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Karthikp

Hi,

We are trying to set up SSH Tunnel connectivity to our Amazon EC2 instance using Monyog. We are not able to set it up and are getting the error “Cannot establish Tunnel”. Any help would be really appreciated.

-Karthik

Hi Karthik,

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon allows only key-based authentication for remote SSH logins to EC2. So, to have MONyog login to EC2, you'll need both the public- and private- keys. Do you have both keys? Also, what is the exact error message reported by MONyog? Can you check the error log as well?

Karthikp

Hi Sayan,

I have a private key. There is a way by which I can generate public key from private key. Once I did this, the error message that I get is “Failed to connect to MySQL: Tunnel to MySQL server was not created successfully.”

-Karthik

'Sayan wrote on '29:

Hi Karthik,

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon allows only key-based authentication for remote SSH logins to EC2. So, to have MONyog login to EC2, you'll need both the public- and private- keys. Do you have both keys? Also, what is the exact error message reported by MONyog? Can you check the error log as well?

What about the firewall settings on the AWS interface? You have to explicitly specify which host/ports to allow access to.

Also, did you check MONyog's log? There may be more information as to why the tunnel failed in the log.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.