Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

SSH and scheduling of backups/sync

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests SSH and scheduling of backups/sync

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      energylevel

Do you plan to integrate SSH into SQLYog would be nice to have it built right in and not have to use a third party program, I think it has been mentioned before ? Also scheduling of backups / synchronisation would be nice ??

Thanks…………

Ritesh

You can schedule Data Synchronization using SQLyog Job Agent.

HTH

Shadow

Or using Win's built-in scheduler…

energylevel

Ahh .. I see the scheduling for sync in the wizard feature, can it be done for db/tables backups too in SQLYog ? I can't see anything???

Thanks………

Shadow

Syncing to dbs are a form of backup. There are other methods as well (mysqldump, mysqlhotcopy), which can be automated from the os. See MySql manual's corresponding part for details.

energylevel

Thanks, I'm already using mysqldump cron jobs anyway, was just looking for ways of getting backups to removable disk (as some of my customers want regular backups on sent on disk) with as little manual intervention from me as possible …..

Shadow

Unfortunately MySql does not offer any built-in solution for backup apart from these scripts and dumps. Of course, you may copy the files that contain the tables. However, the scripts do their job quite efficiently and Win's scheduler can be used to fire them at a particular time. I wish MySql developed a new backup feature anyway.

energylevel

I'm sure I heard mention of SSH support in a future version of SQLYog, does anyone know if it's in development ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.