Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Wants To Update The Whole Table With Current Row Info.

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sqlyog Wants To Update The Whole Table With Current Row Info.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Interspace

Adding a new row to the table works kinda well , but as soon as i try to either update or delete 1 row the program tries to delete all rows or update the whole table with the information i entered into the current row when trying to save the row.

This only happens in 1 of my 20+ tables and both in my main and my development DB. But Phpmyadmin can update just a single row without updating the whole table with the same information.

sathish

Hello,

If your table that does not have a primary key then SQLyog uses data from ALL columns of the edited row to construct the WHERE clause. This is done to minimize the chances of duplicate updates.

Please read this FAQ:

http://webyog.com/faq/28_70_en.html

You can turn ON this warning setting by checking Tools->Preferences->Others->Prompt if multiple rows are getting updated.

Regards,

Sathish

Interspace
      'sathish' wrote:

Hello,

If your table that does not have a primary key then SQLyog uses data from ALL columns of the edited row to construct the WHERE clause. This is done to minimize the chances of duplicate updates.

Please read this FAQ:

http://webyog.com/faq/28_70_en.html

You can turn ON this warning setting by checking Tools->Preferences->Others->Prompt if multiple rows are getting updated.

Regards,

Sathish

Ah , that seems to been the problem , so i edited one of the columns to be the primary key and it seem to work a lot better. Weird it worked for so loing until it started giving me problems , cheers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.