Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Through Wine

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog Through Wine

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      WaveTyler

Hello,

After switching our development environment from Windows to Linux (flavor: Ubuntu) I was happy to be able to continue to use SQLYog through wine.  For the most part I have been able to successfully use the application.  However, there are a few places where I get errors.  One being the color dialog issue that has already been brought up, the other two I could not find in the forum so I thought I would post here.

Saving Queries:

When I have a query open if I hit Ctrl-S (the same as File -> Save) I get an error:

Could not create file.

123:Invalid name

However, if I use the menu (as there is no shortcut) File -> Save As I am able to successfully save the query.  I have been unable to find a reason why one would work and the other does not.

Pasting SQL Statements into Query Window:

When I use the Paste SQL Statement option on a table, I can successfully do an Insert, Delete, or Select Query, but when I choose (or use the shortcut for) Update SQLYog crashes.  

SQLYog crashed.

Dump file saved in [path edited]SQLyog_Dump_017.dmp

SQLYog will no longer respond and I have to kill it manually (xkill).

Any thoughts?

[Edit] : Forgot to post version specifics:

Ubuntu 14.10

Wine 1.7.34

SQLYog Enterprise 12.04

peterlaursen
      Participant

This could very well be one more issue with Ubuntu’s “Unity” desktopadn its integration into Wine. I  have Wine 1.7x running in SuSe and Fedora (with XFCE and Gnome desktops respectilvely) and will try those.  Additionally Ubuntu 10.10 has lots of issues that the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (“long time support”) has not. Ubuntu 10.10 is not meant for a production environment.  It is a development release.

But let me try some different Wine environments (probably tonight).

Could you please attach the dump file? That is the purpose of generating it, obviously.

WaveTyler

Yes, sorry for the delay.

Attached is the DUMP file.

I understand that 14.10 is not meant to be but a development release, but there were other reasons (graphics card/driver related) that I moved up.

Fortunately we aren’t that far from 15.04.

[attachment=2018:SQLyog_Dump_017.dmp]

WaveTyler

* bump * 

Any ideas or suggestions?  Thank you.

WaveTyler

Solved the issue.  In the SQLYOG.INI file, there were quite a few references to a mapped drive in “recent” files.  I removed this drive from my winecfg for the SQLYOG application and all references to that mapped drive in the INI file.  The issue went away.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.