Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Support Of Webdrive (mapped Drives)

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog Support Of Webdrive (mapped Drives)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bfry904
      Participant

Previous versions of SQLyog supported WebDrive, but version 12.1 (64-bit) does not.  WebDrive (https://www.webdrive.com/) is an FTP Client. Once configured, it allows you to access sites such as https://s3.amazonaws.com as a mapped drive on your local computer. In the attached screenshot, the window on the right is Windows Explorer and the mapped drive, P: in this case, is visible. The window on the left is SQLyog Open File dialog and the P: drive is not available to select. Prior to version 12, I was able to access mapped drives from SQLyog without any problem. All of my tables and queries are stored on the shared drive mapped as P:, so it is important that I am able to access them from within SQLyog. Thanks.

peterlaursen
      Participant

All of my tables and queries are stored on the shared drive mapped .. ”  i don’t understand how TABLES can be stored there. Tables are stored by the MySQL server . And SQLyog newer reads table files. It simply queries the MySQL server. 

if a mapped drive is available for the OS/Wndows, it also is available for SQLyog. There is no change in SQLylog 12.1 causing any changed behavior here. I also verified for myself that I can use a mapped drive with SQLyog 12.1  (shared from another Windows machine on the network (not webdrive.com, but it simply does not matter: if Windows exposes a shared drive to SQLyog with a drive letter, SQLyog sees it as a local drive).

Are you sure that there was not an outage of misconfiguration? 

peterlaursen
      Participant

I tried with Webdrive /TRIAL) mapping my Dropbox store to a local drive letter.  It works fine. 

if you don’t see the drive letter in SQLyog, then please check if you see it in Wndows eExplorer/My Computer.

bfry904
      Participant

This issue has re-appeared in the latest update of SQLyog – 12.2.5 (64-bit). It was resolved previous to this release. WebDrive shows up in Windows Explorer and every other “Open” dialog that I’ve used.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.