Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog – Gentoo/linux

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Sqlyog – Gentoo/linux

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      krlloyd

I am using the non rpm build for the beta and I am running into a mysql.sock error. I was able to see that my mysql socket name and location is different from what SYSyog expects.

So i altered my.cnf and changed it from /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and it works fine. But this fix broke phpMyAdmin.

So i need to recompile SYSyog to change the sock location? I want it to match what is on my system. Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have the SQLyog and MONyog programs. You even have SYSyog allready (we only planned to start working on it next year! 🙂 )

… gratulations!

Please confirm that this is a MONyog question!

I think you can edit the phpMyAdmin configuration file.

I have no Linux here this weekend, so I cannot tell if/where to change in MONyog.

But I am surprised it uses socket and not tcp. Do you have a “skip-networking” or “bind-address” setting in my.cnf?

krlloyd wrote on Sep 22 2007, 02:18 AM:
      I am using the non rpm build for the beta and I am running into a mysql.sock error. I was able to see that my mysql socket name and location is different from what SYSyog expects.

So i altered my.cnf and changed it from /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and it works fine. But this fix broke phpMyAdmin.

So i need to recompile SYSyog to change the sock location? I want it to match what is on my system. Thanks!

Hi krlloyd,

I am assuming that 'your SYSyog'='our MONyog'.

There are two ways you can solve this problem on your own.

This error comes up because, if you give 'localhost' as the host, mysql client library will try to use the unix domain socket(file based) instead of the TCP one.

And every mysql client library has one path to the Unix domain socket.

In MONyog's mysql client library it is: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

And in your “phpMyAdmin”, it is '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

So if one software works the other breaks.

To solve this problem:

You can create a symbolic link to your original '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' in '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' -> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

The command to create this is:-

ln -s /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

This will create a symbolic link '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' to '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

So both the applications will work.

You can keep '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' as it is. And you can force MONyog to use TCP based connection specifying “127.0.0.1” as the host instead of 'localhost'

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.