Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

SQLyog For Mac OS X

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests SQLyog For Mac OS X

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      sobencha

Are there any plans at present to port SQLyog to Mac OS X? With the v5.0 relase maybe? I love SQLyog, but I'm migrating to OS X and would hate to have to use another tool (probably Navicat) after the switch. Thanks a lot!

Ritesh

We have plans for a cross platform version of SQLyog but it will take some time.

Ritesh wrote on Jul 13 2005, 11:58 AM:
      We have plans for a cross platform version of SQLyog but it will take some time.

any news on the mac version?

I have switched to Mac.. but yet canot find SQLYog type of tool.

Thank you..!

peterlaursen
      Participant

You can try SQLyog with the Wine ports available for Mac OS-X ('darwine' and 'CrossOver for Mac').

Search 'Wine' in this Forum for more details!

Tried with Darwine 0.9.56

but the font messed up.

Anyone can help please?

[attachment=841:screenshot.jpg]

peterlaursen wrote on Jan 29 2008, 01:27 AM:
      You can try SQLyog with the Wine ports available for Mac OS-X ('darwine' and 'CrossOver for Mac').

Search 'Wine' in this Forum for more details!

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think it is possible to install the 'Microsoft Core Fonts' in darwine, excatly like in wine. This is undoubtedly an issue with fonts mapping between Wine and the underlying BSD-Unix kernel used by Mac OS-X.

Refer to:

http://webyog.com/faq/content/31/71/en/can…?highlight=wine

(link to download of those fonts as exe-installers is there)

peterlaursen wrote on Mar 2 2008, 08:47 PM:
      I think it is possible to install the 'Microsoft Core Fonts' in darwine, excatly like in wine. This is undoubtedly an issue with fonts mapping between Wine and the underlying BSD-Unix kernel used by Mac OS-X.

Refer to:

http://webyog.com/faq/content/31/71/en/can…?highlight=wine

(link to download of those fonts as exe-installers is there)

I'm using crossover instead. It runs perfectly.. so far so good!.

I have created a short guide on installing SQLyog on OS X after reading through many forums and posts including this forum. The methods outlined in the guide worked for me but your mileage may vary 🙂 .Click here for the guide

jaster

Any word on the progress of the port to OS X? The existing MySQL clients for OS X are terrible! I think there's a big market there. Thanks.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have one developer working hard to port our libraries/code used in SQLyog and other programs to Mac/Cocoa environment. It will take yet another few months before we can tell about timeframe.

LetsSurf

What about ….. NOW?

🙂

peterlaursen
      Participant

There is no activity and no guarantee that there will ever be.

It was more complicated that what we thought in the first place and we estimated that we could not afford the resources it would take. At least not for the moment.

Also a deciding factor is that SQLyog runs fine on Darwine as described here: http://www.manu-j.com/blog/run-sqlyog-mac-os-x-wine/148/

LetsSurf

I should be getting a Mac at work soon, as we've just bought some SQLYog licensees I'm hoping that it runs in Darwin wine fine. I know it runs ok on Linux wine.

I'll report back when I have the mac and followed those instructions.

Thanks,

/James

jeowen

Hi, Are you still planning to have SQLyog for mac? (i mean, i don't wanna use wine or a VM just for this)

John

peterlaursen
      Participant

We are not actively developing a version for Mac currently and have no immediate plans for doing so.

Rewirting SQLyog code not to use Win32 API calls but rather Unix/Posix would require several man-years of work and we have not decided to spend that effort.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.