Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

sqlyog feature

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests sqlyog feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      benny

hi

i just downloaded the new version 3.5. this version is mores stable compared to the version 3.3 and does no longer open maximized – great. the only thing i am missing is an easy way to manipulate the contents of the database. put the result of the query in a table and let the user change the contents.

best regards

benny

Ritesh

Its already there!

Type your query and press F8 ( Select for Update )

Shadow

It's there, but I can't see this option showing up in any menus!

Ritesh

It is there in the “Execute Query” toolbar button

Shadow

Sorry, I must have overlooked that one!

benny

hi

oh yes, i can get the table very quickly with F11, but i can only open one table. it would be nice to have multiple views open, either read-only or for update.

best regards

benny

Shadow

After MySql 5.0 (or 5.1) gets released then it will be possible as MySql does not support views yet. Besides, SQLyog is an admin tool and not an end-user input form for MySql. At least, not yet…

webRat

Shadow,

I think you misunderstood what benny was saying. 😮

He was saying it would be nice to have multiple views of a table inside the GUI client. Not MySQL “views”.

~Todd

Shadow

Ooops, you are right! Well, then you can save the sql commands to the personal store and invoke them later any time you want.

SSS

Although Shadow misunderstood Benny's question at first, he/she does bring up a good point: forms.

I think this tool would become an even more formidible software solution if it had forms capability like MS Access does. For a relatively complex normalized database (20 tables all related to each other in various ways), we are often forced to create a web front-end to ensure that data is inserted/updated correctly. It would be great if we could create forms designed to update multiple tables that are idiot-proof on the end user side without the time it takes to write code for web-based applications.

I have to admit that I was once a MS Access user (back in school) and despite the severe shortcomings of the Access database, Access forms were an excellent data-input interface because 1) they were easy to create, 2) easy to set up rules for, 3) easy to lock down for the end-user and most importantly, 4) because they were intimately tied to the underlying database, they automatically maintained data integrity through foreign keys, cascade updates/deletes, relationships, etc. — making multi-table updates a breeze.

With the addition of forms, sqlyog would not only be a complete management tool, but also a very powerful data entry tool! I sure hope it's in the works.

webRat

Makes me wonder if Micro$oft has a patent on that though. I don't think I've seen any other db with that feature.

Shadow

Actually, there is at least one other db with built-in form designer. It's called Oracle…

It would be nice to have such an app for MySql as well, but I don't really want to mix an end-user data entry app with an admin app (such as SQLyog). Just raises too many questions about security.

alinford

Is there any way to choose multiple items at once after clicking F11?

I want to delete a bunch of records but do not want to click the check box 400 times.

Ritesh

Multiple selection for Grid is planned for SQLyog Max.

HTH

Shadow

You need to do it via SQL command if possible.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.