Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Crashes Without Cause

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog Crashes Without Cause

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      AGA Media

Hi, there,

I crashed SQLyog 8.61 (Win7 Ultimate, MySQL 5.1.42) repeatedly, but I´m at the moment not able to reproduce it.

There were several error messages (alas not noted but will do, if the next message occurs …), and a message to copy a “dbghelp.dll” (ver > 5.1) to SQLyog installation folder (I did so after the last crash). Will be back with more information as soon as they occur!

Best wishes!

Joachim

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) You will not need to copy that file.  It was only relevant with Windows 2000 (what is not supported any more).  So looks like we have a caption here that we should remove.  The native Win7 “dbghelp.dll” in the system folder works fine.

2) Please check your 'AddData'SQLyog folder for any crashdumps that are not ZERO-size. On Win7 the exact file path is C:Users{username}AppDataRoaming (unless you are on a network controlled by a Windows domain-server.  On such network the 'roaming profile' is on the server).  The crashdump files have a .dmp extension.

AGA Media

Hi, Peter,

you´ll find my log files attached. Hope it is interesting since I´m not able to read them.

Let me know, if I can be of any help.

Kind regards,

Joachim

peterlaursen
      Participant

yes .. that is what we need. let us check to tomorrow.

You cannot read them – you will need the Visual Studio debugger and the full source code for same version.

Khushboo

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for providing the dump files.

We checked the dumps:

1st one is pointing towards windows DLL : wininet.dll.

2nd one is pointing towards our code in table data/result tab.

But we need more information.

Could you please tell us the steps to replicate this crash?

Regards,

Khushboo

peterlaursen
      Participant

As regards crashes in wininet.dll there are lots of reports:

http://www.google.dk/search?client=opera&rls=da&q=wininet.dll+%2Bcrash&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

.. and I also think we discussed in here once before.

Are you using HTTP-tunnel or SSH-tunnel?

AGA Media

Hi, Khushboo,

as I said in my first mail, I'm alas not able to reproduce the steps to crash SQLyog (nor did I save the error messages).

I remember both crashes were after browsing a long table in SQLyog (scrolling to a row a position x-thousand) and then leaving SQLyog alone, doing other things (programming etc.). After that I came back to close SQLyog and the crash(es) occured. As soon as the failure will happen again, I´ll provide more information.

Best wishes,

Joachim

AGA Media
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '21:

Are you using HTTP-tunnel or SSH-tunnel?

Neither one, see attached login form.

Greetings,

Joachim

Khushboo

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for the information.

We will try to reproduce the issue, please let us know if you get it again.

Regards,

Khushboo

Khushboo

Hi,

We tried at our end but still we are not able to reproduce this case.

Please let us know if by any chance you get this issue again.

Thanks & Regards,

Khushboo

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will have to wait for this to happen again.  We cannot debug this.  Maybe some memory corruption on your system that a reboot solved.

However we are also not able to understand how this error 

Quote:
      DBGHELP.DLL not found! or DBGHELP.DLL in your system is too old for SQLyog debug information!,

To get debug information you need dbghelp.dll version no older than 5.1.

You must copy such newer file to SQLyog installation folder.

.. could happen on a Win7 system.  Can you please tell:

1) Were you only able to save the dumps after copying the file DBGHELP.DLL to SQLyog installation folder?

2) Do you such file (in C:windowssystem32 -folder)

3) If you have please tel it's size in Bytes as well as the version information displayed from Windows Explorer context menu

AGA Media

Hi Peter,

with regard to your questions:

1) Were you only able to save the dumps after copying the file DBGHELP.DLL to SQLyog installation folder?

-> After receiving the quoted error message, I made a search for DBGHELP.DLL, found several on my system and copied the latest into the SQLyog installation folder. I then reported the error, uploaded the dump files – they were there as you told me, so it couldn´t be in any connection to “my” DBGHELP

2) Do you such file (in C:windowssystem32 -folder)

-> Yes there is/was one in System-folder (also at the time of the error)

3) If you have please tel it's size in Bytes as well as the version information displayed from Windows Explorer context menu

-> It´s version 6.1.7600.16385, the size is 854.528 dating from 14.07.2009.

Since my posting there weren´t any further errors (I was away too), but I´ll keep you informed about any development in this direction.

All the best!

Joachim

AGA Media

Ok, SQLyog did it again: please find a detailed description of the crash attached.

I suppose this is in connection to loading schemas into canvas (cf. pdf).

Kind regards,

Joachim Bartels

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please tell: what is the version you are using now?

AGA Media
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

Please tell: what is the version you are using now?

Hi, Peter,

the version is 8.63.

Greetings,

Joachim Bartels

nithin

Hello,

The dump points to the same windows dll(wininet.dll). We doubt whether this issue is specific to WIN7. We are trying our best to reproduce this with some WIN7 machines.

Regards

Nithin

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.