Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

SQLyog crash when using symbolic

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests SQLyog crash when using symbolic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      lmch

I use mysql 4.0.10 under win2k.

I try to move one of my database from e:mysqldata to another location with a symbolic file. I can see the database from the database window, but when I try to connect the database, the SQLyou crash immediately.

may be this is a bug.

CalEvans
      Quote:
      I try to move one of my database from e:mysqldata to another location with a symbolic file.

I wasn't aware that Win2k had symbolic links. All I know of is shortcuts, which are not nearly the same. (Shortcut is an old windows PID file)

try changing your my.cnf (or is it my.ini in windows?) to point to your new location. Unless you are using InnoDB tables, that should be all you need to do.

=C=

lmch

I am afraid you are wrong about no symboic under windows.

please read the mysql manual 2.6.2.5 (version 4.0.3 beta I use)

CalEvans

Lean somthing new every day. 🙂

=C=

lmch

First of all, congratulation for the new release and thanks for the hard work.

about the bug I mentioned above, it seems not exist in the version 3.1.

Here I would like to consult one thing.

Whe I have a table about 400000 records, I open the table in MSAccess, it just appears with unnoticable delay, the same table in mysql with the front end like SQLyog, it is untolerable slow and taks huge memery. You may say it is abnomal to see such a large table this way. anyway, could you please give advice on why the different?

thanks and best regards,

lmch

Bogdan Zagan

This behaviour is common around Microsoft Products.

When you load a table into Microsoft Access, you actually load only the beginning of the table (first 100 rows). Try to see the end of the table (click on the last record button [>*] ) and the time will be the same, or even longer.

Explanation: The Microsoft Access loads only a few records, and when you navigate between records loads another set and so on.

The same effect you could obtain with SQLYog using limit in your SQL statement, eg. limit 0,100 or limit 1000,1100. You have no advantage loading the hole table into your SQLYog program.

It is right, you have to browse into your table manualy, not automathically, as Microsoft Access (and Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager) does.

Ritesh

The upcoming release of SQLyog – SQLyog 2003 will load only screen-full of data at a time, and would fetch additional rows as and when required.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.