Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Crash Once Clicking Connect

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog Crash Once Clicking Connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      SDd

Hello, first I like to say I L O V E this tool, its the best!!!

Now, I got a new problem out of the blue that I got few days ago, I read a lot of forum pages with no solution and I cant work for few days, please help me if you can.

The problem is simple, once I click connect the application crash(both SSH / Mysql connection) thats the description:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SQLyog.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 4d5b53df

Fault Module Name: SQLyog.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5b53df

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0011d3b0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1037

Additional Information 1: 8c39

Additional Information 2: 8c39329d7471169c75915fa65afc9691

Additional Information 3: f2f1

Additional Information 4: f2f17b7e833a35de6f1f75429048c639

I also Attached the “SQLyog_Dump_049.dmp” file.

I got windows 7 premium (also tested on my labtop with windows 7 home -no luck)

I use SQLyog Enterprise 8.82 (Also tried to use community version 8.4Beta a-no luck)

I tried to restart few times…

I tried to define the DEP for the SQLyog.exe BUT it say that it cant run with DEP so can anyone explain how to work around it?

I tried to remove and reinstall.

Please help, I cant work for a few days now both on my Desktop and my laptop.

Thanks!

nithin

Hello,

Quote:
      Now, I got a new problem out of the blue that I got few days ago

You mean it was working fine for sometime and this problem started?

Can you reboot your system and try again?

The dump is not providing much info rather say it happened during start-up. We may provide you a special build that logs some info to a file that helps identify the exact issue.

Thank you

Nithin

SDd
      'nithin' wrote:

Hello,

You mean it was working fine for sometime and this problem started?

Can you reboot your system and try again?

The dump is not providing much info rather say it happened during start-up. We may provide you a special build that logs some info to a file that helps identify the exact issue.

Thank you

Nithin

OK, it was working fine on my desktop for a long time, then a week ago it stopped working.

At that point I installed it on my laptop to keep on working and it was working fine, until last night that it stopped working in my laptop also.

I made a lot of restarts but it wont help.

My guess it may got something to do with windows update OR java version -> tell me what you think…

If I remember currently errors on both computer started after windows update reboot, but Im not sure.

I will be more then happy to get any help or to install any build you give me that might help us resolve this issue.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please tell: How many servers do you have access to? If you have more does it happen with all servers or only one?

SDd
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

Please tell: How many servers do you have access to? If you have more does it happen with all servers or only one?

I got about few different servers, it happens with all of them, with compress or with out compress, with mysql or without.

SDd
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

I got about few different servers, it happens with all of them, with compress or with out compress, with mysql or without.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have one idea. Could you please try to rename the folder containing the SQLyog.ini file, the SQLite databases etc. created by SQLyog (rename while while SQLyog is not running). It could be a corruption of one of those files. When SQLyog starts next time it will create the folder

On Vista/Win7 the folder is: C:UsersUserAppDataRoamingSQLyog (Do not remember the exact folder mane on XP, but it is in users' 'Application Data' folder.

SDd
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

I have one idea. Could you please try to rename the folder containing the SQLyog.ini file, the SQLite databases etc. created by SQLyog (rename while while SQLyog is not running). It could be a corruption of one of those files. When SQLyog starts next time it will create the folder

On Vista/Win7 the folder is: C:UsersUserAppDataRoamingSQLyog (Do not remember the exact folder mane on XP, but it is in users' 'Application Data' folder.

I just tried that, rename to SQLyou folder to SQLyog_old and run the application, then I did created a new folder and I entered a login details…

It made the same error again, I have attached the dmp file…

Thanks for the tip, I hope the next one would work 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant

hmmm .. no better idea at the moment. Will it help to revert to an older 'System Restore point'?

And you are telling you have this problem on two different machines? Also please try to temporarily disable what 'security suite'/AV solution you have. It is 99.9999999999 % certain that this is in no way related to any JAVA update.

I have the latest Win7 update (Servicepack1 + a few later) here for my 7 Home premium and I have no such problems. One option could be to give you a special build that does additional logging to debug the problem.

SDd
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

hmmm .. no better idea at the moment. Will it help to revert to an older 'System Restore point'?

And you are telling you have this problem on two different machines? Also please try to temporarily disable what 'security suite'/AV solution you have. It is 99.9999999999 % certain that this is in no way related to any JAVA update.

I have the latest Win7 update (Servicepack1 + a few later) here for my 7 Home premium and I have no such problems. One option could be to give you a special build that does additional logging to debug the problem.

It also didnt helped 🙁

PLEASE GIVE ME A SPECIAL BUILD!! -> I ask a friend to give me his computer so I could work…

Could it be something to do with the plink.exe?? the SQLyog works fine as long as I dont click CONNECT

peterlaursen
      Participant

And it works on the computer have borrowed? Since this happens on both yours I can only think of some conflict with some other software you have installed on both yours.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Also please tell: as you are referring PLINK, I think you are using SSH tunnel?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Hello again. Any progress here? If not please reply to my questions so that we can get a clear understanding of this.

nithin

Hello,

We are providing you a special binary that logs some info when click on 'Connect' (and also commented out come code).

The log file name is 'crash_log83n1.log', will be created at 'Application DataSQLyog' folder.

To download click the below link

Ultimate/Enterprise

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n3.exe

Trial

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n3Trial.exe

-Install this binary in different path, connect, and attach the log file created.

-If crashing disable the AutoComplete(Tools->Preferences->Power Tools->Enable Autocomplete) feature and try again.

-If you find this special binary is not crashing for a case try the same with your 8.82 normal build.

We expect the log file generated will reveal some info about this issue.

Thank you

Nithin

nithin

Hello,

Let us know whether you got time to check the special binary.

We had similar post in our ticket system, and its got solved now. We give you the same special build where this issue is solved. Please try it in your side and confirm us the status.

Also when click 'Connect' on connection widow it will create a log file at the path “Application Data SQLyog”(where the sqlyog.ini is).

The log file name is – crash_log83n5.log. Please attach this once its got created.

Ultimate/Enterprise

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n5.exe

Trial

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n5Trial.exe

Regards

Nithin

SDd

Bravo!!! the new build works like a charm!!! 🙂

I did found an intersting thing, while I had problems with connection to the older version, I managed to connect to it on a different user on the same computer!! maybe it got somthing to do with the user of something, not sure.

Any way your build works!!!!! that you a lot!!!!!!!

'nithin' wrote:

Hello,

Let us know whether you got time to check the special binary.

We had similar post in our ticket system, and its got solved now. We give you the same special build where this issue is solved. Please try it in your side and confirm us the status.

Also when click 'Connect' on connection widow it will create a log file at the path “Application Data SQLyog”(where the sqlyog.ini is).

The log file name is – crash_log83n5.log. Please attach this once its got created.

Ultimate/Enterprise

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n5.exe

Trial

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n5Trial.exe

Regards

Nithin

nithin

Thanks for updating.

We will include this fix into the next public release. Until then you can use the special binary I provide here, where no information is logged as compared to the previous special build.

You can download the special build by below link.

Ultimate/Enterprise

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n6.exe

Trial

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog-8.8.3-n6Trial.exe

Please confirm the status once checked.

Aparna

Hi,

We have released SQLyog 9.0 GA with this fix.

Please refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/04/13/sqlyog-mysql-gui-9-0-released/

Thank you.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.