Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog 9.61 Create New Table Bug

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog 9.61 Create New Table Bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ssaunders_2k

I'm currently using SQLyog v 9.61 Ultimate and I think I'm encountering a small bug, though it's fairly easy to work around in the meantime.

When I have completed defining a new table, using the tabbed interface, I get a syntax error (1064) when pressing the Save button. I've done a bit of investigation and it appears that there is a bug when you define a default column value and provide a comment for the colum. In this scenario it doesn't appear to put a space character between the default value and comment in the generated SQL – thus causing the syntax error. I've tried various field types and all are effected, so I suspect it's a global problem.

E.g. a simple table I'm getting the following in SQL preview.

Create table `NewTableTest`

`id` int UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`testIntField` int DEFAULT 0COMMENT 'comment int test',

`testVarcharField` varchar(25) DEFAULT 'default val'COMMENT 'comment varchar test',

`testCharField` char(25) DEFAULT 'default val'COMMENT 'comment char test',

primary key (`id`)

);

It it easy to work around this by copying the SQL query from the preview tab, and manually adding the spaces where necessary.

ashwin

Issue confirmed. We will fix it with priority.

ashwin
      Quote:
      If both a column default and a column comment was specified in CREATE/ALTER TABLE a SPACE-character was missing in the generated statement causing invalid syntax error. This bug was introduced in 9.5.

We have released SQLyog v9.63 with this fix.

Please refer: http://www.webyog.com/blog/2012/03/22/sqlyog-mysql-gui-9-63-released/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.