Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog 6.02rc (not This One Filling Out The Fields Default)

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog 6.02rc (not This One Filling Out The Fields Default)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ShadowRSM

Sometimes when we create any field and insert like some parameter default of value, the release 6.02RC of the SQLyog is not filling out the fields with the values default when the people are going to do the inclusion of a new register!

peterlaursen
      Participant

could you explain again, please? I do not understand you very well!

Basically it is not SQLyog, but the MySQL server that fills DEFAULTs into the rows of a table if a value is not specified in an INSERT statement.  But if SQLyog inserts NULL or '' (empty string) or 0 (zero) explicitly then of course any other default will not be inserted.  also if a default is specified in the table SCHEMA than SQLyog will/should display that value for every new row!  I tested it briefly here and it works for me.

Again I must ask for a test case! (a table schema and a description of what you are doing).  When you catch that issue then copy the SQL statement sent by SQLyog form the HISTORY tab!

Still MySQL 4.0.20 ? (in 5.0.x the server behaviour with DEFAULTS will vary with different 'sql-modes')

ShadowRSM

Hello friend, am going to explain better.

Formerly the SQLyog was catching the values default of the charts when you were adding a new register.

erroraxn9.jpg

Now he does not fill out any more the columns according to the value default of that puts, and before he was doing this…

errorbvi2.jpg

errorcnc1.jpg

I sincerely find what this function was helping in much in the addition of new registers!

peterlaursen
      Participant

when you are saying 'formerly' what is the version that you compare with?

For us DEFAULTS are displayed OK.  I do not understand how that is happening for you! Are you perfectly sure taht there are defaults defined?

Please attach a structure only dump to reproduce with!

ShadowRSM

This structure of table!

peterlaursen
      Participant

For me defaults display OK here.

What am I missing ?????? :huh:

peterlaursen
      Participant

maybe I understand now!

You are talking about the RESULT tab and not DATA tab? and you click the + icon to insert a new row?

ShadowRSM
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 8 2007, 10:06 AM:
      maybe I understand now!

You are talking about the RESULT tab and not DATA tab? and you click the + icon to insert a new row?

Even friendly this, when I click on the icon for a new register that it does with that this happens!

Forgive for another thing me for my English since I key of Brazil and have to be using translators – online to talk, then sometimes they do not translate appropriately!

Forgive for me therefore!

peterlaursen
      Participant

“when I click on the icon for a new register” .. In English we would say 'row' and not 'register'.  No issue .. now I understand.

In the RESULT tab DEFAULTs do not display when you add a new row.  Confirmed!

adarsh

Hello,

Thanks for reporting.

Issue is confirmed and also fixed in our development tree.

ShadowRSM

I that I thank friends, for this great tool 🙂

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.