Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog 5.1 Rc Still Quietly Disappears

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Sqlyog 5.1 Rc Still Quietly Disappears

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      vygi

Hey,

sorry but I stil have this problem with the latest build:

I have SQLyog 5.1 RC running (mostly 2-3 connections at same time), often switch between applications (and also between my virtual desktops) and suddenly I miss SQLyog! It just quickly and quietly disappears with no “goodbye”. It happened often with Beta 4 and 5 and seemed to be gone with Beta 6… (although I'm not sure if it was really stable).

Few minutes ago I have lost all the smart queries I've created within last hour…. And this time I did not switch between virtual desktops — just from SQLyog with Alt-Tab to some text editor, then to MS Excel, and after them SQLyog wasn't here anymore! I had two connections (one to MySQL 5.0 and another to 4.0) and some very small query result (just 5-6 lines) in the result grid.

That's really annoying!

I am using Windows XP Professional SP2, Virtual Dimension v.0.94, SQLyog Enterprise v5.1 RC.

peterlaursen
      Participant

hello again …

Crazy problems. In this situation we'll have to be sure that it is not the Virtual Dimension porgram that causes this. Do you have a chance to work without it for a period? I have installed it myself and see if something shows up.

I have 'severals' of such software (most graphics driver utiliies include it), but now I try this one.

I think that I remember that your PC at work has an integrated Intel graphics chip?

vygi
      peterlaursen wrote on Apr 19 2006, 11:48 AM:
      Crazy problems. In this situation we'll have to be sure that it is not the Virtual Dimension porgram that causes this. Do you have a chance to work without it for a period? I have installed it myself and see if something shows up.

yes I have disabled it now, let's see.

BTW I use it since last summer and never had any problems with any application, also not with SQLyog 4.x and 5.0. Only 5.1 betas and RC tend to disappear.

peterlaursen wrote on Apr 19 2006, 11:48 AM:
      I think that I remember that your PC at work has an integrated Intel graphics chip?

Yes that's true.

A very standard office PC with some Pentium 4 and Intel graphics.

Ritesh

Let me know how it goes. If its not crashing for you without the Virtual Dimension then I guess there is compatibility between SQLyog and the product. We will need to look into it.

Anyway, I will be be releasing RC2 later today which has 2 crash fix similar to yours.

vygi
      Ritesh wrote on Apr 19 2006, 03:06 PM:
      Let me know how it goes. If its not crashing for you without the Virtual Dimension then I guess there is compatibility between SQLyog and the product. We will need to look into it.

I have switched Virtual Dimension off before lunch and worked without it for 3-4 hours but it crashed (silently disappeared) again few minutes ago.

Actually I have following applications running:

– Servan Salamander file manager

– PHPEdit PHP IDE

– 5 PuTTY sessions

– Opera web browser

– Notepad++ text editor

– MS Excel

I had SQLyog with two connections to the same MySQL 5 server and have manually executed lots of small queries like find non-existing entry in one table, verify it in another, and copy it to the first table. There were permanently 3-4 query editor tabs and result grid with very small resultset (empty result or 1-2 short rows).

SQLyou went away when I have switched from it to the text editor and then to one of the PuTTY sessions in order to copy & paste something into the Linux shell. Again, I did not realized when exactly it happened. SQLyog simply wasn't here anymore. No crash reports, just disappeared…. 🙁

Note that I did not have such problems with several SQLyog versions, up to 5.0 final.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And I have had this Virtual Dimension program running now for some hours and did not experience anything like this. So 99.9% it is not related to this program.

“Note that I did not have such problems with several SQLyog versions, up to 5.0 final.” Well .. it could be a coincidence that something happened to your system about at the time when first 5.1 Betas appeared.

Now I'll suggest (it it is not fixed with 5.1 RC2) you work with 5.02/5.03 for some days and see if the problems persists. If the problem now is there with 5.0.2 too, I think you will need to try to do a 'OS repair'. But quite a lot of updates to apply after that .. even if you have a CD with WinXP SP2 (You can 'streamline' a SP2 CD from a SP0 or SP1 CD).

I think that I wrote this before: Did you try renaming the sqlyog.ini file and let the program build a new one from scratch? I have had a strange experience (with wrong fonts being displayed – not a crash) that went away after starting a new SQLyog.ini

sarat

Sqlyog 5.1 RC2 is released.

Can you download and verify whether the problem exists in this release also

Ritesh

Can somebody confirm the bug fix?

vygi
      Ritesh wrote on Apr 20 2006, 01:33 PM:
      Can somebody confirm the bug fix?

I have installed RC2 and use it but it may take some time (several days) until I can give some feedback.

Last time I have used RC1 without any problems one whole day and next day it crashed twice.

vygi

I don't know if it is already an answer but on Friday everything was fine; RC2 was stable. Thanks.

vygi

Hey guys,

does anybody still have similar problems?

I have the latest 5.14 Beta since last Wednesday and it has unexpectedly disappeared (crashed without any messages) while I was browsing in the result tab.

It was a table with maybe 20 columns and approximately 2,100 rows, all of them visible in the data grid (limit set to 5,000). I have sorted the rows by date/time … and SQLyog was away when I've pressed “LEFT” key… 🙁

Ritesh

Nope.

We have not been reported any issue.

Can you give us a table dump and some idea of steps to follow to fix the issue?

vygi
      Ritesh wrote on Jun 12 2006, 09:01 AM:
      Nope.

We have not been reported any issue.

Can you give us a table dump and some idea of steps to follow to fix the issue?

Nope!

It only happened once yesterday and I cannot reproduce it.

SQLyog was running for 4-5 hours at that time, with 3 active connections, 3-5 query tabs each, etc…

BTW for table dump we would need a DL DVD-R (8+ GB of data) 😉

Nevertheless, I can reproduce another silent crash!

It happened to me when I tried to copy a table to another server which lost connection (time-out over the night).

Steps to reproduce:

1: Open two connections to two different MySQL servers

2: Start some heavy query like “SELECT * FROM large_table ORDER BY unindexed_field LIMIT 10;”

3: Kill this query from another client –> SQLyog reports lost connection

4: Now switch SQLyog to another server without doing anything on the 1st

5: Select some table and try to copy it to the 1st server via “Copy Table To Different Host/DB…” –> SQLyog reports “Error 1146: Table xxxxx doesn't Exist”

6: Confirm error popup with “OK” and try to do same operation (click on “Copy”) again –> SQLyog CRASHES WITH NO MESSAGES!

Hope it helps,

Vygi

peterlaursen
      Participant

Not reproducable here with latest RC!

1: Open two connections to two different MySQL servers

>> did that

2: Start some heavy query like “SELECT * FROM large_table ORDER BY unindexed_field LIMIT 10;”

>> yes

>> no — SQLyog creates a new connection/new thread!

The 'other client' that I use is another SQLyog instance. I Killed the proces with ID = 7 (the thread that the 'long' query uses) . First SQLyog instance creates a new thread with ID = 8 (first number available) and continues the query from there.

4: Now switch SQLyog to another server without doing anything on the 1st

>> yup!

5: Select some table and try to copy it to the 1st server via “Copy Table To Different Host/DB…” –> SQLyog reports “Error 1146: Table xxxxx doesn't Exist”

>> no, copy succesfull!

6: Confirm error popup with “OK” and try to do same operation (click on “Copy”) again –> SQLyog CRASHES WITH NO MESSAGES!

> No crash here

(7): my addition:

The 'long' query finishes OK after 1-2 minutes.

@Ritesh

Tested with my chess database (more than 4 mio. games).

It has now finished uploading to /Betas directory

The query: “SELECT * FROM Game ORDER BY dateflags LIMIT 10;” (there is no index on 'dateflags')

vygi

>> no — SQLyog creates a new connection/new thread!

strange… I am using v5.14 Beta 1 on WinXP Professional and MySQL 5 DBs.

When I kill a query from another client, SQLyog pops up an error dialog with message “Error No. 1028 Sort Aborted” or similar, and that's all. Reconnection only on next request. And it crashes when I try to copy a table from another server to this one with lost/killed connection.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I am using latest 5.14 RC

.. but I do no know if there are server settings that may influence this behaviour?

peterlaursen
      Participant

@vygi

Any idea on how to get further from here?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.