Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sql Query Block Collpse Feature – Disable?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Sql Query Block Collpse Feature – Disable?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      classaxe

Hi there,

I love the product and check your blog at least daily, excitedly looking for what's new.

I'm very intrigued by the query expand / contract feature that takes a line like this:

Code:
      1 UPDATE `system` SET `system`.`db_detail` =
      2 CONCAT(
      3 'action|dcac4f55, ',
      4 'group_members|53eeffac, ',
      5 'poll_choice|dc7f1974, ',
      6 'DB_visits.visitor_stats|a1d1f931, '
      7 'DB_media.media|2d9994f1'
      8 );

and adds ability to collapse the code block like this:

Code:
      2 [+] CONCAT(
      ———————————————

I have three small comments on my first impressions (and please feel entirely free to disregard these)

1) For readability it might be nice to have the collapsed block shown like this:

Code:
      2 [+] CONCAT(…);
      ———————————————

2) For the sake of completeness, and to really be able to get the most from this feature, I'd be happy to see a right-click shortcut menu entry to 'Expand all / Collapse all'.

3) Also, I know that when you've introduced new features like that in the past, you usually allow people to 'disable' features in 'Tools / Preferences', but I don't see this listed there this time.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work and thanks for your constant improvements and endless attention to detail.

I love the new 'Form' mode for data-entry too – brilliant!

Blessings,

Martin Francis

<><

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) I do not thin that we will add “…” or similar 'placeholder-stringt' that was not in the original query.  the + sign should be enough I believe.

2) Reasonable request.  But I do not know exactly where this context menu should be enabled (on the +/- sign only?) and what is possible. We depend on Scintilla editor/library functionalities.

3) We also did not make “paranthesis'es matching” optional from 'preferences' either.  I think both will not disturb anybody.

But thanks for your comments.  And once we release 8.7 GA more people will start use it and we will undoubtedly get more comments.  We will discuss and summarize after a few months if some changes in the implementation is required.

classaxe
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

1) I do not thin that we will add “…” or similar 'placeholder-stringt' that was not in the original query.  the + sign should be enough I believe.

Okay then, although perhaps the bracket highlighting would look more correct when it was able to display and thus highlight the end bracket too. If you ever did decide to add a … placeholder, that might also be made to act as an expander control. But I'm very happy with whatever you decide, so don't worry about explaining your descision if you decide not to.

'peterlaursen' wrote:

2) Reasonable request.  But I do not know exactly where this context menu should be enabled (on the +/- sign only?) and what is possible. We depend on Scintilla editor/library functionalities.

I was thinking on the context menu displayed when one right-clicks anywhere over the sql query

Thanks, have a good one

Blessings,

Martin

<><

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please be patient.  As long as a 8.7 GA is not released only around 5% of users will use 8.7. After GA there will be much more feedback.  For efficient workflow we will 'wait and see' a short while to see what more comments/requests/proposals we will get.

But still thanks for your comments here.  I understand that you like the new 'folding' feature.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.