Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

SQL Formatter adding space after functions

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests SQL Formatter adding space after functions

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RL Byrd
      Participant

Version: 13.1.1 64 bit Windows.

I note that the SQL formatter, which I use all the time, now is manifesting an irritating bug.

This:

SELECT
        COUNT(*) AS event_insert_count,
        created_at
      FROM
        unit_event
      GROUP BY DATE(created_at),
        HOUR(created_at),
        MINUT (created_at)
      ORDER BY event_insert_count ASC;

is being formatted to this:

SELECT
        COUNT (*) AS event_insert_count,
        created_at
      FROM
        unit_event
      GROUP BY DATE (created_at),
        HOUR (created_at),
        MINUT (created_at)
      ORDER BY event_insert_count ASC;

Note the spaces after COUNT and DATE. Adding this space renders the statement unexecutable. I’ve checked in settings to see if this can be avoided, but apparently not.

(a) is there a place to get rid of this space, and failing that (b) can I get this tagged as a bug?

sdaggumati
      Participant

Did you ever end up getting a resolution on this? My best take on this is that it has to do with the version of SQLyog that you’re running. Seems to work without the bugs on the v12, v13 has this issue I believe.

kthunt
      Participant

I am running SQLyog Enterprise v13.1.0 64bit and it has this problem. It’s frustrating to have to go back and fix every function call in a query.

I’d also like some more control over the formatting engine to tune it to my style. For example; detect the AND following a BETWEEN and keep it on the same line. Just being picky there.

jennyastor03
      Participant

Thanks for the help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.