Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sql Formatter

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sql Formatter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ssaunders_2k

Dear Sirs,

I am currently using SQLyog Enterprise v8.12 and am trying to use the SQLFormatter feature which usually works perfectly.

However, I've recently had a number of cases where the query (which is valid SQL that executes fine) remains un-formatted and the message “Formatting completed with error(s)” appears in the bottom-left of the status bar.

Is there any way to find out what these errors are ?

Incidentally, this is a straight-forward select query with several table joins (each aliased), a group by (and corresponding aggregate) and order by clauses. No derived tables, correlated sub-queries etc were used. Every field in the resultset has a column alias.

Thanks,

Steve

peterlaursen
      Participant

It would be easiest if you pasted the queries (or better: attach a .txt document with the original formatting).. We will not need any data. The text of the query itself is all we need.

You may create a ticket if you want privacy – and rename databases, tables etc.if you want as long as it is reproducable.

ssaunders_2k
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 30 2009, 02:06 PM:
      It would be easiest if you pasted the queries (or better: attach a .txt document with the original formatting).. We will not need any data. The text of the query itself is all we need.

You may create a ticket if you want privacy – and rename databases, tables etc.if you want as long as it is reproducable.

I have attached the query to preserve the original formatting, but have renamed the table / field names – this still reproduces the problem originally reported.

Thanks

ssaunders_2k
      ssaunders_2k wrote on Jun 30 2009, 03:02 PM:
      I have attached the query to preserve the original formatting, but have renamed the table / field names – this still reproduces the problem originally reported.

Thanks

I should probably add, the SQL Formatting settings from the respective settings tab are:

[Table and Column List Style]

> Stacked (selected)

> Alignment of AS keyword and Aliases in Column Level (ticked)

> Linebreaks – After Comma (selected)

Indentation [ 2 ] spaces

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have already reported an issue with BETWEEN .. AND .. if the condition is AND'ed with another condition!

Examples in this query

Code:
      …. and t.field6 between c.field2 and ifnull(c.field3,now()) and c.field4 = 1

and

Quote:
      … AND i.field3= 4 AND DATE(t.field6) BETWEEN DATE(c.field4) AND DATE(c.field5)

I cannot tell if this is the only thing. But the appropriate developer will follow up (and also check with '&&' and '&' (binary AND) operators)

navyashree.r

Hi,

Specific causes for Errors in SQL Formatter added in our issue tracker,

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1112

Regards,

Navya

sandhya.r

Issue is with IN clause. We are looking into this.

We will update once done.

Thank you

Sandhya

bitseeker
      Participant

Same with this piece of code:

Code:
      SELECT sto_id, sto_artnr, sto_manuf, sto_stock, sto_distrib, MATCH (sto_artnr) AGAINST ('us*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS relevance
      FROM sto_stock
      WHERE MATCH (sto_artnr) AGAINST ('us*' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
      ORDER BY relevance, sto_artnr, sto_manuf desc
      vishal.pr

These issues were fixed in SQLyog version 8.7

Refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2010/11/19/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-7-released-form-view-improved-sql-formatter-and-more/

The Query Formatter is now completely rewritten. In principle all types of SQL statements are now supported and all limitations with the old implementation are lifted.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.