Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sorting Data

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sorting Data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Phibes

I´m having problems when I try to sort some data by clicking on it´s column. If there are few rows it´s ok but when I increase it takes too much time or hang up. It is prety fast until 3000 rows.

I verified that using “order by” it's really fast so , sometimes is better make a new select than click in a column to get it sorted.

Is that right or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

“There is no spoon”

Ritesh
      Quote:
      I verified that using “order by” it's really fast so , sometimes is better make a new select than click in a column to get it sorted.

Is that right or am I doing something wrong?

😀 There is nothing wrong. When you use ORDER BY syntax the data is sorted by MySQL in the server side which uses a different mechanism. While when you click on a column header, the sorting is done on client side with a different mechanism.

Phibes

So why SQLyog don´t execute the query again using ORDER BY and let MySQL sort the data? I think it could be better but you have the knowledge here. 😉

Ritesh

SQLyog has been designed for remote administration. There if we keep on executing queries, we lose out in the efficiency part.

Also, the result can be send by a complex query where inserting ORDER BY clause at the end may cause an error and is also nt feasible.

iliask

The code which sorts the grid within SQLyog is doing fine as long as there is a lot of different values in the column you clicked. Otherwise it takes ages for more than 5000 rows. Ever thought of experimenting with different sorting algorithms?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.