Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Slow Upload Speed

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Slow Upload Speed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jack111

have a sql file about 4mb to execute. Problem is the rate of upload is very slow about 1kb every 2 seconds.

So for a 4mb file that would be 2 hours to complete ie upload and execute.

Kind of similar problem to what is happening below.

http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?sh…0&hl=upload

Broadband connection. Have a upload speed of about 400kb/s and a download of 10mb/s so the connection is pretty fast.

Use SSH tunnelling to connect to the mysql server.

Also the mysql server is well optimized. In fact shut it down and started it again and than tried uploading and executing the script so no other querries would be runing Made no difference at all.

Desparately need to improve this. Any ideas.

jack111

Executed the same sql script with webmin via the upload option in less the 4 minutes.

If I had used SQLYOG it woud have taken 2 hours. This seems to apply for navicat as well.

Anybody any ideas

peterlaursen
      Participant

What are the INSERT statements like in your file? Single-row inserts for bulk inserts?

Basically you should use as large BULK inserts as your configuration allows for.

Was that the issue?

jack111

Hi

thanks for the reply.

have tried with both bulk and single row inserts does not make much of a difference. Though with single insers the file size is much bigger thus will take longer.

issue is the slow speed taken to execute sql scripts.

While I can take any sql file of size say 4mb and execute it via webmin via uploading on my mysql database in less than 10 minutes max usually takes about 5 minutes. With sqlyog or navicat it takes about 2 hours.

donot understand what is going on

peterlaursen
      Participant

webmin uploads from local hard-disk

sqlyog sends over network.

and this: “Have a upload speed of about 400kb/s …” does not mean that the server or remote network lets you transfer data to MySQL at that rate.

Basically this is a configuration issue on the server/the remote network.

What sort of hosting are we talking about?

How do you connect?

jack111

The server is a dedicated server with a 100mbps connection to a internet backbone.

My broadband connection is 10mbps download and 384Kbps upload.

connect using tunelling via SSH when using sqlyog.

do you know where I set it so that i can allow a faster upload

I think it might be a configuring OPENSSH to allow faster uploads

thanks

Monte

I'm having the same problem too.

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Monte

Please explain the problem more in detail, and please inform about the program version and connection method!

But most likely this is a server/remote network configuration/resource issue.  The remote host simply only 'absorbs' the data in that rate.  Wioth my personal (cheap) ISP I sometimes have to accept transfer reate of around 10 kbit/sec.  There are 200/ (or 2000?) more users on the same server …  

Monte

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I have V-Bulletin, SQLyog 5.21. Thanks. I'm having another another problem on it but I'll start a new thread; deals with an error message.

peterlaursen wrote on Jan 10 2007, 09:00 PM:
      @Monte

Please explain the problem more in detail, and please inform about the program version and connection method!

But most likely this is a server/remote network configuration/resource issue.  The remote host simply only 'absorbs' the data in that rate.  Wioth my personal (cheap) ISP I sometimes have to accept transfer reate of around 10 kbit/sec.  There are 200/ (or 2000?) more users on the same server …  

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.